LTC3861-1 - Dual, Multiphase Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller with Accurate Current Sharing
LTC7851 - Quad Output, Multiphase Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller with Accurate Current Sharing
LTC3861 - Dual, Multiphase Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller with Accurate Current Sharing
- Operates with Power Blocks, DrMOS or External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- Constant-Frequency Voltage Mode Control with Accurate Current Sharing
- ±0.75% 0.6V Voltage Reference
- Dual Differential Output Voltage Sense Amplifiers
- Multiphase Capability—Up to 12-Phase Operation
- Programmable Current Limit
- Safely Powers a Prebiased Load
- Programmable or PLL-Synchronizable Switching Frequency Up to 2.25MHz
- Lossless Current Sensing Using Inductor DCR or Precision Current Sensing with Sense Resistor
- VCC Range: 3V to 5.5V
- VIN Range: 3V to 24V
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Voltage Tracking Capability
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Available in a 36-Pin 5mm × 6mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3861 is a dual PolyPhase® synchronous stepdown switching regulator controller for high current distributed power systems, digital signal processors, and other telecom and industrial DC/DC power supplies. It uses a constant-frequency voltage mode architecture combined with very low offset, high bandwidth error amplifiers and a remote output sense differential amplifier per channel for excellent transient response and output regulation.
The controller incorporates lossless inductor DCR current sensing to maintain current balance between phases and to provide overcurrent protection. The chip operates from a VCC supply between 3V and 5.5V and is designed for stepdown conversion from VIN between 3V and 24V to output voltages between 0.6V and VCC – 0.5V.
The TRACK/SS pins provide programmable soft-start or tracking functions. Inductor current reversal is disabled during soft-start to safely power prebiased loads. The constant operating frequency can be synchronized to an external clock or linearly programmed from 250kHz to 2.25MHz. Up to six LTC3861 controllers can operate in parallel for 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, 6- or 12-phase operation.
The LTC3861 is available in a 36-pin 5mm × 6mm QFN package. LTC3861-1 is a 32-pin QFN version of the LTC3861, which has a single differential remote output voltage sense amplifier.
|# Diff Amps
|LTC3861||2||Yes||5 x 6 QFN-36|
|LTC3861-1||1||No||5 x 5 QFN-32|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1822A||LTC3861EUHE with DrMOS Demo Board | 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT1 = 1.5V @ 25A, VOUT2 = 1.2V @ 25A||$250.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation AppicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- DSP, FPGA and ASIC Supplies
- Datacom and Telecom Systems
- Industrial Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3883/LTC3883-1- Single Phase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4366 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: