LTC3861 - Dual, Multiphase Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller with Accurate Current Sharing
- Operates with Power Blocks, DrMOS or External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- Constant-Frequency Voltage Mode Control with Accurate Current Sharing
- ±0.75% 0.6V Voltage Reference
- Dual Differential Output Voltage Sense Amplifiers
- Multiphase Capability—Up to 12-Phase Operation
- Programmable Current Limit
- Safely Powers a Prebiased Load
- Programmable or PLL-Synchronizable Switching Frequency Up to 2.25MHz
- Lossless Current Sensing Using Inductor DCR or Precision Current Sensing with Sense Resistor
- VCC Range: 3V to 5.5V
- VIN Range: 3V to 24V
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Voltage Tracking Capability
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Available in a 36-Pin 5mm × 6mm QFN Package
The LTC®3861 is a dual PolyPhase® synchronous stepdown switching regulator controller for high current distributed power systems, digital signal processors, and other telecom and industrial DC/DC power supplies. It uses a constant-frequency voltage mode architecture combined with very low offset, high bandwidth error amplifiers and a remote output sense differential amplifier per channel for excellent transient response and output regulation.
The controller incorporates lossless inductor DCR current sensing to maintain current balance between phases and to provide overcurrent protection. The chip operates from a VCC supply between 3V and 5.5V and is designed for stepdown conversion from VIN between 3V and 24V to output voltages between 0.6V and VCC – 0.5V.
The TRACK/SS pins provide programmable soft-start or tracking functions. Inductor current reversal is disabled during soft-start to safely power prebiased loads. The constant operating frequency can be synchronized to an external clock or linearly programmed from 250kHz to 2.25MHz. Up to six LTC3861 controllers can operate in parallel for 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, 6- or 12-phase operation.
The LTC3861 is available in a 36-pin 5mm × 6mm QFN package. LTC3861-1 is a 32-pin QFN version of the LTC3861, which has a single differential remote output voltage sense amplifier.
|# Diff Amps
|LTC3861||2||Yes||5 x 6 QFN-36|
|LTC3861-1||1||No||5 x 5 QFN-32|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1822A||LTC3861EUHE with DrMOS Demo Board | 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V; VOUT1 = 1.5V @ 25A, VOUT2 = 1.2V @ 25A||$250.00|
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- DSP, FPGA and ASIC Supplies
- Datacom and Telecom Systems
- Industrial Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3883/LTC3883-1- Single Phase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC4366 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: