LTC3860 - Dual, Multiphase Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller with Current Sharing
- Operates with Power Blocks, DRMOS or External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- Constant Frequency Voltage Mode Control with Accurate Current Sharing
- ±0.75% 0.6V Voltage Reference
- Differential Remote Output Voltage Sense Amplifier
- Multiphase Capability—Up to 12-Phase Operation
- Programmable Current Limit
- Safely Powers a Prebiased Load
- Programmable or PLL-Synchronizable Switching Frequency Up to 1.25MHz
- Lossless Current Sensing Using Inductor DCR or Precision Current Sensing with Sense Resistor
- VCC Range: 3V to 5.5V
- VIN Range: 3V to 24V
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Voltage Tracking Capability
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Available in a 32- Pin 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3860 is a dual, PolyPhase synchronous stepdown switching regulator controller for high current distributed power systems, digital signal processors, and other telecom and industrial DC/DC power supplies. It uses a constant frequency voltage mode architecture combined with very low offset, high bandwidth error amplifiers and a remote output sense differential amplifier for excellent transient response and output regulation.
The controller incorporates lossless inductor DCR current sensing to maintain current balance between phases and to provide overcurrent protection. The chip operates from a VCC supply between 3V and 5.5V and is designed for stepdown conversion from VIN between 3V and 24V to output voltages between 0.6V and VCC – 0.5V.
The TRACK/SS pins provide programmable soft-start or tracking functions. Inductor current reversal is disabled during soft-start to safely power prebiased loads. The constant operating frequency can be synchronized to an external clock or linearly programmed from 250kHz to 1.25MHz. Up to six LTC3860 controllers can operate in parallel for 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, 6- or 12-phase operation.
The LTC3860 is available in a 32-pin 5mm × 5mm QFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1184A||LTC3860EUH Demo Board |10V to 14VIN, 1.2V/25A and 1.8V/25A VOUT||$150.00|
|DC1755A||LTC3860EUH Demo Board I Vin Range: 6V to 14V, 1.2V/50A and 1.5V/50A VOUT||$350.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- Digital Signal Processor and ASIC Supplies
- Telecom Systems
- Industrial Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC3861 - Dual, Multiphase Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller with Accurate Current Sharing
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3855 - Dual, Multiphase Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Differential Remote Sense
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: