LTC3859 - Low IQ, Triple Output, Buck/Buck/Boost Synchronous Controller
- Dual Buck Plus Single Boost Synchronous Controllers
- Outputs Remain in Regulation Through Cold Crank Down to 2.5V
- Low Operating IQ: 55μA (One Channel On)
- Wide Bias Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 38V
- Buck Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 24V
- Boost Output Voltage Up to 60V
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- 100% Duty Cycle for Boost Synchronous MOSFET
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Very Low Buck Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Low Shutdown IQ: 14μA
- Small 38-Pin 5mm x 7mm QFN and TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3859 is a high performance triple output (buck/ buck/boost) synchronous DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFET stages. Constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable switching frequency of up to 850kHz. The LTC3859 operates from a wide 4.5V to 38V input supply range. When biased from the output of the boost converter or another auxiliary supply, the LTC3859 can operate from an input supply as low as 2.5V after start-up.
The 55μA no-load quiescent current extends operating runtime in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3859 features a precision 0.8V reference for the bucks, 1.2V reference for the boost and a power good output indicator.
Independent TRACK/SS pins for each controller ramp the output voltages during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse-skipping mode, or continuous inductor current mode at light loads.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Automotive Always-On and Start-Stop Systems
- Battery Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3859A - Low IQ, Triple Output, Buck/Buck/Boost Synchronous Controller with Improved Burst Mode Operation
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV