LTC3856 - 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Diffamp
- PolyPhase® Controller Reduces Input and Output Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V Operation
- ±0.75%, 0.6V Reference Voltage Accuracy
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Programmable Burst Mode® Operation or Stage Shedding™ for Highest Light Load Efficiency
- Active Voltage Positioning (AVP)
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Programmable DCR Temperature Compensation
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency: 250kHz to 770kHz
- True Remote Sense Differential Amplifier
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to 5V without Differential Amplifier
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to 3.3V with Differential Amplifier
- Adjustable Soft-Start or VOUT Tracking
- Stackable for Up to 12-Phase Operation
- 32-Pin (5mm × 5mm) QFN and 38-Pin TSSOP Packages
The LTC3856 is a single output, dual channel PolyPhase synchronous step-down DC/DC controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFET stages. This device includes a high speed differential amplifier for remote output voltage sense. Power loss and supply noise are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out-of-phase and up to 12-phase operation can be achieved.
The LTC3856 monitors the output current by sensing the voltage drop across the output inductor (DCR) or by using a sense resistor. DCR temperature compensation maintains an accurate current sense threshold over a broad temperature range. A constant-frequency, current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 770kHz.
A wide 4.5V to 38V input supply range encompasses most intermediate bus voltages and battery chemistries. Burst Mode operation, continuous or Stage Shedding modes are supported. A TK/SS pin shared by both channels ramps the output voltage during start-up.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1580A||LTC3856EUH Demo Board | PolyPhase, Synchronous Reg||Contact Factory|
- Telecom and Datacom Systems
- Industrial and Medical Instruments
- DC Power Distribution Systems
- Computer Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3855 - Dual, Multiphase Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Differential Remote Sense
- LTC3866 - Current Mode Synchronous Controller for Sub Milliohm DCR Sensing
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3833 - Fast Accurate Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Differential Output Sensing
- LTC3829 - 3-Phase, Single Output Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Diffamp
- LTC3839 - Fast, Accurate, 2-Phase, Single-Output Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Differential Output Sensing
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV