LTC3853 - Triple Output, Multiphase Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- Triple, 120° Phased Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Configurable as a 180° Dual Phase Controller Plus a Single Phase Controller
- The Third Phase Can Regulate Up to a 13.5V Output
- High Efficiency: Up to 92%
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- ±0.75% 0.8V Output Voltage Accuracy
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 750kHz
- Supports Pre-Biased Outputs
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 24V Operation (28V Abs Max)
- Adjustable Soft-Start Current Ramping or Tracking
- Foldback Output Current Limiting
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Dual Power Good Output Voltage Monitors
- 40-Lead 6mm × 6mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3853 is a high performance triple output stepdown switching regulator controller that drives all Nchannel synchronous power MOSFET stages. Power loss and supply noise are minimized by operating the output stages out of phase. The part can be configured as a dual phase controller plus a single phase controller if needed. The part can also be configured to provide a single 3-phase output for even higher output currents.
A wide 4.5V to 24V (28V maximum) input voltage supply range encompasses most battery chemistries and intermediate bus voltages. Phase 3 can regulate output voltages up to 13.5V. A constant-frequency current mode architecture allows for a phase-lockable frequency up to 750kHz.
Independent TK/SS pins for each output ramps the output voltages and can be configured for coincident or ratiometric tracking. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions. The MODE/PLLIN pin selects among Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping or continuous inductor current modes.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1254A||LT3853EUJ Demo Board | Triple, PolyPhase, 6.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 24V, Vout1 = 2.5V/5A, Vout2 = 1.8V/5A, Vout3 = 3.3V/5A||$250.00|
|DC1349A||LTC3853EUJ Demo Board | Triple, PolyPhase, 6.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, Vout1 = 1.8V/15A, Vout2 = 1.2V/15A, Vout3 = 2.5V/15A||$250.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: