LTC3839 - Fast, Accurate, 2-Phase, Single-Output Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Differential Output Sensing
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V, VOUT: 0.6V to 5.5V
- ±0.67% Output Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature, Differential Output Voltage Sensing, Allowing Up to ±500mV Line Loss at Remote Ground
- Controlled On-Time, Valley Current Mode Control
- Fast Load Transient Response
- Detect Transient (DTR) Reduces VOUT Overshoot
- Frequency Programmable from 200kHz to 2MHz, Synchronizable to External Clock
- tON(MIN) = 30ns, tOFF(MIN) = 90ns
- Up to 12-Phase Operation
- RSENSE or Inductor DCR Current Sensing
- Overvoltage Protection and Current Limit Foldback
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Voltage Tracking and Adjustable Soft Start-Up
- Thermally Enhanced 32-Pin (5mm × 5mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3839 is a 2-phase, single-output PolyPhase® synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFETs. The controlled on-time, valley current mode control architecture allows for fast transient response and constant frequency switching in steady-state operation, independent of VIN, VOUT and load current. Its load-release transient detection feature significantly reduces overshoot at low output voltages.
Differential output voltage sensing, along with a precision internal reference, offers an accurate ±0.67% output regulation, even if the remote output ground deviates from local ground by ±500mV.
The switching frequency can be programmed from 200kHz to 2MHz with an external resistor and can be synchronized to an external clock. Very low tON and tOFF times allow for near 0% and near 100% duty cycles, respectively. Voltage tracking soft start-up and multiple safety features are provided.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1632A||LTC3839EUH Demo Board | VIN = 4.5V to 14V, VOUT = 1.5V @ 40A||$125.00|
- Distributed Power Systems
- Point-of-Load Converters
- Computing Systems
- Data Communication Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3866 - Current Mode Synchronous Controller for Sub Milliohm DCR Sensing
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3861 - Dual, Multiphase Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller with Accurate Current Sharing
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4415 - Dual 4A Ideal Diodes with Adjustable Current Limit
- LTC3600 - 15V, 1.5A Synchronous Rail-to-Rail Single Resistor Step-Down Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV