LTC3835-1 - Low IQ Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 10V
- Low Operating IQ: 80µA
- OPTI-LOOP Compensation Minimizes COUT
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V Operation
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 140kHz to 650kHz
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Output Current Foldback Limiting
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Low Shutdown IQ: 10µA
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Burst Mode Operation at Light Loads
- Small 16-Lead Narrow SSOP or 3mm × 5mm DFN Package
The LTC3835-1 is a high performance step-down switching regulator controller that drives an all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stage. A constant-frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 650kHz.
The 80µA no-load quiescent current extends operating life in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3835-1 features a precision 0.8V reference and a power good output indicator. The 4V to 36V input supply range encompasses a wide range of battery chemistries.
The TRACK/SS pin ramps the output voltage during startup. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions.
|LTC3835||Yes||Yes||Yes||TSSOP-20, 4x5 QFN-20|
|LTC3835-1||No||No||No||GN-16, 3x5 DFN-16|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC965A||LTC3835EGN-1 Demo Board | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, Vout = 3.3V @ 5A||$125.00|
- Automotive Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3835 - Low IQ Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3800 - High-Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller
- LTC3878 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: