LTC3832 - High Power Step-Down Synchronous DC/DC Controllers for Low Voltage Operation
- VOUT as Low as 0.6V
- High Power Switching Regulator Controller for 3.3V-5V to 0.6V-3.xV Step-Down Applications
- No Current Sense Resistor Required
- Low Input Supply Voltage Range: 3V to 8V
- Maximum Duty Cycle >91% Over Temperature
- All N-Channel External MOSFETs
- Excellent Output Regulation: ±1% Over Line, Load and Temperature Variations
- High Efficiency: Over 95% Possible
- Adjustable or Fixed 2.5V Output (LTC3832)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency Operation: 100kHz to 500kHz
- External Clock Synchronization
- Low Shutdown Current: <10µA
- Overtemperature Protection
- Available in SO-8 and SSOP-16 Packages
The LTC3832/LTC3832-1 are high power, high efficiency switching regulator controllers optimized for 3.3V-5V to 0.6V-3.xV step-down applications. A precision internal reference and feedback system provide ±1% output regulation over temperature, load current and line voltage variations. The LTC3832/LTC3832-1 use a synchronous switching architecture with N-channel MOSFETs. Additionally, the chip senses output current through the drain-source resistance of the upper N-channel MOSFET, providing an adjustable current limit without a current sense resistor.
The LTC3832/LTC3832-1 operate with an input supply voltage as low as 3V and with a maximum duty cycle of >91% over temperature. They include a fixed frequency PWM oscillator for low output ripple operation. The 300kHz free-running clock frequency can be externally adjusted or synchronized with an external signal from 100kHz to 500kHz. In shutdown mode, the LTC3832 supply current drops to <10µA. The LTC3832-1 is the SO-8 version without current limit, frequency adjustment and shutdown functions.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC469B||LTC3832EGN/-1ES8 | High Efficiency Step-Down Power||Contact Factory|
- CPU Power Supplies
- Multiple Logic Supply Generator
- Distributed Power Applications
- High Efficiency Power Conversion
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3724 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT1374 - 4.5A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- LTC3830 - High Power Step-Down Synchronous DC/DC Controllers for Low Voltage Operation
- LTC1771 - 10µA Quiescent Current High Efficiency Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV