LTC3829 - 3-Phase, Single Output Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Diffamp
- Optional Nonlinear Control for Fast Response
- ±0.75%, 0.6V Reference Accuracy
- PWM, Stage Shedding™ or Burst Mode® Operation
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Programmable DCR Temperature Compensation
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency: 250kHz to 770kHz
- True Remote Sense Differential Amplifier
- Programmable Active Voltage Positioning (AVP)
- Triple N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V Operation
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to 5V without Diffamp
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to 3.3V with Diffamp
- Clock Input and Output for 6-Phase Operation
- Adjustable Soft-Start or VOUT Tracking
- 38-Pin (5mm × 7mm) QFN and FE Packages
DescriptionThe LTC3829 is a high performance 3-phase single output synchronous step-down DC/DC switching controller that drives all N‑channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 770kHz. Power loss and noise due to ESR of the input capacitors are minimized by operating the three controller output stages out of phase.
The LTC3829 can be configured for 6-phase operation, has DCR temperature compensation, and output foldback current limiting. This device features a precision 0.6V reference and a power good indicator.
Light load efficiency is optimized by using a choice of output Stage Shedding or Burst Mode operation. A differential amplifier provides true remote sensing of the output voltage at the point of load.
The LTC3829 is available in both low profile 38-pin 5mm x 7mm QFN and Exposed Pad FE packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1530A||LTC3829EUHF Demo Board | 3-Phase Buck, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, Vout = 1.5V @ 60A||$150.00|
|DC1675A||LTC3829EUH Demo Board | LTC3829(x2) 3-Phase Buck, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, VOUT= 1.5V @ 120A||$150.00|
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers
- Telecom Systems
- Portable Instruments
- DC Power Distribution Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3855 - Dual, Multiphase Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Differential Remote Sense
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: IIf LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: