LTC3826 - 30µA IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 10V
- Ultralow Operating IQ: 30µA (One Channel On)
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- OPTI-LOOP Compensation Minimizes COUT
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V Operation
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 140kHz to 650kHz
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse Skipping or Low Ripple Burst Mode Operation at Light Loads
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Output Current Foldback Limiting
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Low Shutdown IQ: 4µA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or VOUT
- Small 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3826 is a high performance dual step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 650kHz. Power loss and noise due to the ESR of the input capacitor are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out of phase.
The 30μA no-load quiescent current extends operating life in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3826 features a precision 0.8V reference and a power good output indicator. A wide 4V to 36V input supply range encompasses all battery chemistries.
Independent TRACK/SS pins for each controller ramp the output voltage during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions.
The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse skipping mode, or continuous inductor current mode at light loads. For a leaded package version (28-lead SSOP), see the LTC3826-1 data sheet.
||Defeatable Current Foldback
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1235A||LTC3826EG| 30uA IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down Controller||Contact Factory|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive Systems
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3857 - Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
- LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3855 - Dual, Multiphase Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Differential Remote Sense
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: