LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- Wide Input Range: 4V to 60V
- Current Mode Constant Frequency PWM
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Programmable Switching Frequency:
200kHz to 600kHz
- Selectable High Efficient Burst Mode® Operation:
40µA Quiescent Current
- Easy Synchronization
- 8V, 2A Gate Drive (VCC > 10V) for Industrial High Voltage P-Channel MOSFET
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Programmable Current Limit
- Available in a Small 10-Pin Thermally Enhanced MSE Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3824 is a step-down DC/DC controller designed to drive an external P-channel MOSFET. With a wide input range of 4V to 60V and a high voltage gate driver, the LTC3824 is suitable for many industrial and automotive high power applications. Constant frequency current mode operation provides excellent performance.
The LTC3824 can be configured for Burst Mode operation. Burst Mode operation enhances low current efficiency (only 40µA quiescent current) and extends battery run time. The switching frequency can be programmed up to 600kHz and is easily synchronizable.
Other features include current limit, soft start, micropower shutdown, and Burst Mode disable.
The LTC3824 is available in a 10-lead MSE power package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC960A||LTC3824EMSE Demo Board | 5.5V ≤ Vin ≤ 60V, Vout: 5V/2A||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Industrial and Automotive Power Supplies
- Telecom Power Supplies
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LT3724 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: