LTC3823 - Fast No Rsense Step-Down Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Differential Output Sensing, Tracking and PLL
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 36V
- ±0.67%, 0.6V Reference Voltage
- Output Voltage Tracking Capability
- True Remote Sensing Differential Amplifier
- Sense Resistor Optional
- True Current Mode Control
- 2% to 90% Duty Cycle at 200kHz
- tON(MIN) < 100ns
- Phase-Locked Loop Frequency Synchronization
- Powerful Dual N-Channel MOSFET Driver
- Adjustable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Current Foldback Protection (Disabled at Start-Up)
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Micropower Shutdown: 30μA
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor Tracks the Reference Input Pin
- Available in (5mm × 5mm) 32-Lead QFN and 28-Lead SSOP Narrow Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3823 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller with true remote differential output sensing and output voltage up/down tracking capability. Its advanced functions and high accuracy reference are ideal for powering high performance server, ASIC and computer memory systems.
The LTC3823 uses a constant on-time, valley current mode control architecture to deliver very low duty factors without requiring a sense resistor. The operating frequency is selected by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in input supply voltage. An internal phase-locked loop allows the IC to be synchronized to an external clock.
Fault protection is provided by an overvoltage comparator and input undervoltage lockout. The regulator current limit is user programmable. A wide supply range allows voltages as high as 36V to be stepped down to as low as a 0.6V output. When using remote sense, output voltages up to 3.3V can be developed, and up to 90% of VIN without remote sense. Power supply sequencing is accomplished using an external soft-start timing capacitor.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1021A||LTC3823EUH Demo Board | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 16V, Vout = 2.5V @ 10A||Contact Factory|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Distributed Power Systems
- Server Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- LTC3775 - High Frequency Synchronous Step-Down Voltage Mode DC/DC Controller
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3878 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3879 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT3800 - High-Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: