LTC3822-1 - No RSENSE, Low Input Voltage, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- No Current Sense Resistor Required
- Optimized for 3.3VIN and Li-Ion Applications
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- ±1% 0.6V Reference
- Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Phase-Lockable or Adjustable Frequency: 250kHz to 750kHz
- Internal Soft-Start Circuitry
- Tracking and Adjustable Soft-Start Input
- Selectable Maximum Peak Current Sense Threshold
- Selectable Burst Mode®/ Forced Continuous/Pulse Skipping Mode at Light Load
- Digital RUN Control Pin
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Micropower Shutdown: IQ = 7.5µA
- Tiny Thermally Enhanced 12-Pin (3mm × 3mm) DFN or 16-Pin Narrow SSOP Packages
The LTC3822-1 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives external N-channel power MOSFETs using few external components. The constant frequency current mode architecture with MOSFET VDS sensing eliminates the need for sense resistors and improves efficiency.
Burst Mode operation provides high efficiency at light loads. The 99% maximum duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending operating time in battery-powered systems.
The operating frequency can be programmed up to 750kHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. For noise sensitive applications, the LTC3822-1 can be synchronized to an external clock from 250kHz to 750kHz.
The LTC3822-1 is available in the tiny footprint thermally enhanced 12-pin DFN package or 16-pin narrow SSOP package.
|LTC3822||Internal soft-start, 340uA in sleep mode|
|LTC3822-1||External soft start, selectable pulse skip/Burst Mode operation, tracking, phase lockable, power good (SSOP-16 package only), 105uA in sleep mode|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1105A||LTC3822EDD-1 Demo Board||$100.00|
- Single Cell Li-Ion Powered Systems
- 3.3VIN Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3879 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3703-5 - 60V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3878 - Fast, Wide Operating Range No RSENSE Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LT3763 - 60V High Current Step-Down LED Driver Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: