LTC3816 - Single-Phase Wide VIN Range DC/DC Controller for Intel IMVP-6/IMVP-6.5 CPUs
- Supports 7-Bit IMVP-6/IMVP-6.5 VID Code and Features
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 36V Operation with Optional Line Feedforward Compensation
- tON(MIN) < 35ns, Capable of Very Low Duty Cycle
- Temperature Compensated Inductor DCR or Sense Resistor Output Current Monitoring
- Differential Remote Output Voltage Sensing with Programmable Active Voltage Positioning
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency: 150kHz to 550kHz
- Programmable UVLO, Preset VOUT at Boot-Up
- Programmable Slow Slew Rate Sleep State Exit
- Internal LDO for Single Supply Operation
- Overvoltage and Overcurrent Protection
- PWRGD and VRTT# Thermal Throttling Flags
- Power Optimization During Sleep and Light Load
- 38-Pin Thermally Enhanced eTSSOP and 5mm × 7mm QFN Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3816 is a single-phase synchronous step-down DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives N-channel power MOSFETs in a constant-frequency voltage mode architecture. The controller’s leading edge modulation topology allows extremely low output voltages and supports a phase-lockable switching frequency up to 550kHz. The output voltage is programmed using a 7-bit VID code.
The LTC3816 features all of the IMVP-6/IMVP-6.5 requirements, including start-up to a preset boot voltage, differential remote output voltage sensing with programmable active voltage positioning, IMON output current reporting, power optimization during sleep state, and fast or slow slew rate sleep state exit.
Fault protection features include input undervoltage lockout, cycle-by-cycle current limit, output overvoltage protection, and PWRGD and overtemperature flags.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1672A||LTC3816EUHF Demo Board u 4.5V VIN 28V, VOUT = Up to 1.5V @ 25A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Embedded Computing
- Mobile Computers, Internet Devices
- Navigation Displays
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTM8052/LTM8052A - 36VIN, 5A, 2-Quadrant CVCC Step-Down μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTM4676 - Dual 13A or Single 26A μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LTM4607 - 36Vin, 24Vout High Efﬁciency Buck-Boost DC/DC μModule (Power Module)
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: