LTC3810-5 - 60V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- High Voltage Operation: Up to 60V
- Large 1Ω Gate Drivers
- No Current Sense Resistor Required
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Extremely Fast Transient Response
- ±0.5% 0.8V Voltage Reference
- Programmable Output Voltage Tracking/Soft-Start
- Generates 5.5V Driver Supply from Input Supply
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- Selectable Pulse Skip Mode Operation
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Adjustable On-Time/Frequency: tON(MIN) < 100ns
- Adjustable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Thermally Enhanced 32-Pin QFN Package
The LTC3810-5 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that can directly step-down voltages from up to 60V, making it ideal for telecom and automotive applications. The LTC3810-5 uses a constant on-time valley current control architecture to deliver very low duty cycles with accurate cycle-by-cycle current limit, without requiring a sense resistor.
A precise internal reference provides 0.5% DC accuracy. A high bandwidth (25MHz) error amplifier provides very fast line and load transient response. Large 1O gate drivers allow the LTC3810-5 to drive multiple MOSFETs for higher current applications. The operating frequency is selected by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in VIN and can also be synchronized to an external clock for switching-noise sensitive applications. A shutdown pin allows the LTC3810-5 to be turned off, reducing the supply current to 240µA.
Integrated bias control generates gate drive power from the input supply during start-up or when an output shortcircuit occurs, with the addition of a small external SOT23 MOSFET. When in regulation, power is derived from the output for higher efficiency.
||Adj UVLO, Sync & Tracking||Package
|LTC3810||Vin 6.2V to 100V, 10V Driver Voltage||Yes||SSOP-28|
|LTC3810-5||Vin 4.35V to 60V, 5.5V Driver Voltage||Yes||QFN-32|
|LTC3812-5||Vin 4.35 to 60V, 5.5V Driver Voltage||No||TSSOP-16E|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1168A||LTC3810EUH-5 Demo Board | 14V < Vin < 60V; Vout=12V @ 10A||$150.00|
- 48V Telecom and Base Station Power Supplies
- Networking Equipment, Servers
- Automotive and Industrial Control Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3812-5 - 60V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3800 - High-Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: