LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- High Voltage Operation: Up to 100V
- Large 1Ω Gate Drivers
- No Current Sense Resistor Required
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Extremely Fast Transient Response
- ±0.5% 0.8V Voltage Reference
- Programmable Output Voltage Tracking/Soft-Start
- Generates 10V Driver Supply from Input Supply
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- Selectable Pulse Skip Mode Operation
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Adjustable On-Time/Frequency: tON(MIN) < 100ns
- Adjustable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Programmable Undervoltage Lockout
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- 28-Pin SSOP Package
The LTC3810 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that can directly step-down voltages from up to 100V, making it ideal for telecom and automotive applications. The LTC3810 uses a constant on-time valley current control architecture to deliver very low duty cycles with accurate cycle-by-cycle current limit, without requiring a sense resistor.
A precise internal reference provides 0.5% DC accuracy. A high bandwidth (25MHz) error amplifier provides very fast line and load transient response. Large 1Ω gate drivers allow the LTC3810 to drive multiple MOSFETs for higher current applications. The operating frequency is selected by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in VIN and can also be synchronized to an external clock for switching-noise sensitive applications. A shutdown pin allows the LTC3810 to be turned off, reducing the supply current to 240μA.
Integrated bias control generates gate drive power from the input supply during start-up and when an output short-circuit occurs, with the addition of a small external SOT23 MOSFET. When in regulation, power is derived from the output for higher efficiency.
||Adj UVLO, Sync & Tracking||Package
|LTC3810||Vin 6.2V to 100V, 10V Driver Voltage||Yes||SSOP-28|
|LTC3810-5||Vin 4.35V to 60V, 5.5V Driver Voltage||Yes||QFN-32|
|LTC3812-5||Vin 4.35 to 60V, 5.5V Driver Voltage||No||TSSOP-16E|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC952A||LTC3810EG Demo Board | 13V ≤ Vin ≤ 80V; Vout = 12V @ 6A||$150.00|
- 48V Telecom and Base Station Power Supplies
- Networking Equipment, Servers
- Automotive and Industrial Control Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3639 - High Efficiency, 150V 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: