LTC3807 - Low IQ, Synchronous Step-Down Controller with 24V Output Voltage Capability
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 38V (40V Abs Max)
- Low Operating IQ: 50μA
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 24V
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 750kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Load
- Selectable Current Limit
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Low Shutdown IQ: 14μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or EXTVCC
- No Current Foldback During Start-Up
- Small 20-Pin 3mm × 4mm QFN and TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3807 is a high performance step-down switching regulator DC/DC controller that drives an all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stage. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 750kHz.
The 50μA no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery-powered systems. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3807 features a precision 0.8V reference and power good output indicator. A wide 4V to 38V input supply range encompasses a wide range of intermediate bus voltages and battery chemistries. The output voltage of the LTC3807 can be programmed between 0.8V to 24V.
The TRACK/SS pin ramps the output voltages during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse-skipping mode, or continuous conduction mode at light loads.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2221A||LTC3807EFE Demo Board | Sync Buck, 16V ≤ VIN ≤ 38V; VOUT = 12V @ 15A||Contact Factory|
- Automotive Always-On Systems
- Battery Powered Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8640/LT8640-1 - 42V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3840 - Wide Input Range Synchronous Regulator Controller with Accurate Current Limit
- LTC2983 - Multi-Sensor High Accuracy Digital Temperature Measurement System
- LTC3864 - 60V Low IQ Step-Down DC/DC Controller with 100% Duty Cycle Capability
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: IIf LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: