LTC3788-1 - 2-Phase, Dual Output Synchronous Boost Controller
- Synchronous Operation for Highest Efficiency and Reduced Heat Dissipation
- Wide Input Range: 4.5V to 38V (40V Abs Max) and Operates Down to 2.5V After Start-Up
- Output Voltages Up to 60V
- ±1% 1.2V Reference Voltage
- RSENSE or Inductor DCR Current Sensing
- 100% Duty Cycle Capability for Synchronous MOSFET
- Low Quiescent Current: 125μA
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Low Shutdown Current IQ: <8μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VBIAS or EXTVCC
- Available in a Narrow SSOP Package
The LTC3788-1 is a high performance 2-phase dual synchronous boost converter controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFETs. Synchronous rectification increases efficiency, reduces power losses and eases thermal requirements, allowing the LTC3788-1 to be used in high power boost applications.
A constant-frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 850kHz. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3788-1 features a precision 1.2V reference and a power good output indicator. A 4.5V to 38V input supply range encompasses a wide range of system architectures and battery chemistries.
Independent SS pins for each controller ramp the output voltages during start-up. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse-skipping mode or continuous inductor current mode at light loads.
For a leadless 32-pin QFN package with additional features of adjustable current limit, clock out, phase modulation and two PGOOD outputs, see the LTC3788 data sheet.
||Adjustable Current Sense||Power Good||Package|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3788 - 2-Phase, Dual Output Synchronous Boost Controller
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3787 - PolyPhase Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: