LTC3788 - 2-Phase, Dual Output Synchronous Boost Controller
- Synchronous Operation for Highest Efficiency and Reduced Heat Dissipation
- Wide Input Range: 4.5V to 38V (40V Abs Max) and Operates Down to 2.5V After Start-Up
- Output Voltages Up to 60V
- ±1% 1.2V Reference Voltage
- RSENSE or Inductor DCR Current Sensing
- 100% Duty Cycle Capability for Synchronous MOSFET
- Low Quiescent Current: 125μA
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Selectable Current Limit
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitors
- Low Shutdown Current IQ: <8μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VBIAS or EXTVCC
- Thermally Enhanced Low Profi le 32-Pin 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3788 is a high performance 2-phase dual synchronous boost converter controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFETs. Synchronous rectification increases efficiency, reduces power losses and eases thermal requirements, allowing the LTC3788 to be used in high power boost applications.
A constant-frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 850kHz. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3788 features a precision 1.2V reference and dual power good output indicators. A 4.5V to 38V input supply range encompasses a wide range of system architectures and battery chemistries.
Independent SS pins for each controller ramp the output voltages during start-up. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping mode or continuous inductor current mode at light loads.
For a leaded 28-lead SSOP package with a fixed current limit and one PGOOD output, without phase modulation or a clock output, see the LTC3788-1 data sheet.
||Adjustable Current Sense||Power Good||Package|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1409A||LTC3788EUH Demo Board | 2-Phase, Dual Output, 5V to 24VIN, VOUT = 12V@10A & 24V@5A||$175.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3787 - PolyPhase Synchronous Boost Controller
- LTC3788-1 - 2-Phase, Dual Output Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3862 - Multi-Phase Current Mode Step-Up DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: