LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- Synchronous Operation For Highest Efficiency and Reduced Heat Dissipation
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V (40V Abs Max) and Operates Down to 2.5V After Start-Up
- Output Voltages Up to 60V
- ±1% 1.2V Reference Voltage
- RSENSE or Inductor DCR Current Sensing
- 100% Duty Cycle Capability for Synchronous MOSFET
- Low Quiescent Current: 55μA
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Low Shutdown Current IQ: <8μA
- Internal 5.4V LDO for Gate Drive Supply
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Pin 3mm × 3mm QFN and MSOP Packages
The LTC®3786 is a high performance synchronous boost converter controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFETs. Synchronous rectification increases efficiency, reduces power losses and eases thermal requirements, allowing the LTC3786 to be used in high power boost applications.
A 4.5V to 38V input supply range encompasses a wide range of system architectures and battery chemistries. When biased from the output of the boost converter or another auxiliary supply, the LTC3786 can operate from an input supply as low as 2.5V after start-up. The 55μA no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery-powered systems.
The operating frequency can be set for a 50kHz to 900kHz range or synchronized to an external clock using the internal PLL. The LTC3786 also features a precision 1.2V reference and a power good output indicator. The SS pin ramps the output voltage during start-up. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode® operation, pulse-skipping mode or continuous inductor current mode at light loads.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1641A||LTC3786 MS16E Demo Board 5V VIN 24V; VOUT||$125.00|
- Industrial and Automotive Power Supplies
- Automotive Start-Stop Systems
- Medical Devices
- High Voltage Battery-Powered Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3780 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3788 - 2-Phase, Dual Output Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV