LTC3785-1 - 10V, High Efficiency, Buck-Boost Controller with Power Good
- Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Power Good Output Indicator
- 2.7V to 10V Input and Output Range
- Up to 96% Efficiency
- Up to 10A of Output Current
- All N-Channel MOSFETs, No RSENSE™
- True Output Disconnect During Shutdown
- Programmable Current Limit and Soft-Start
- Optional Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer
- Output Overvoltage and Undervoltage Protection
- Programmable Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Available in 24-Lead (4mm × 4mm) Exposed Pad QFN Package
The LTC3785-1 is a high power synchronous buck-boost controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFETs from input voltages above, below and equal to the output voltage. With an input range of 2.7V to 10V, the LTC3785-1 is well suited for a wide variety of single or dual cell Li-Ion or multi-cell alkaline/NiMH applications.
The operating frequency can be programmed from 100kHz to 1MHz. The soft-start time and current limit are also programmable. The soft-start capacitor doubles as the fault timer which can program the IC to latch off or recycle after a determined off time. Burst Mode operation is user controlled and can be enabled by driving the MODE pin high. The LTC3785-1 includes a Power Good output that indicates when the output voltage is within 7.5% of its designed setpoint.
Protection features include foldback current limit, short-circuit and overvoltage protection.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Palmtop Computers
- Handheld Instruments
- Wireless Modems
- Cellular Telephones
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3785 - 10V, High Efficiency, Synchronous, No RSENSE Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3780 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3113 - 3A Low Noise Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: