LTC3784 - 60V PolyPhase Synchronous Boost Controller
- PolyPhase® Operation Reduces Required Input and Output Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Synchronous Operation for Highest Efficiency and Reduced Heat Dissipation
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 60V (65V Abs Max); Operates Down to 2.3V After Start-Up
- Output Voltage Up to 60V
- ±1% 1.200V Reference Voltage
- RSENSE or Inductor DCR Current Sensing
- 100% Duty Cycle Capability for Synchronous MOSFET
- Low Quiescent Current: 28μA
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Low Shutdown Current, IQ < 4μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VBIAS or EXTVCC
- Thermally Enhanced Low Profile 28-Pin 4mm × 5mm QFN Package and Narrow SSOP Package
The LTC®3784 is a high performance PolyPhase® single output synchronous boost converter controller that drives two N-channel power MOSFET stages out-of-phase. Multiphase operation reduces input and output capacitor requirements and allows the use of smaller inductors than the single-phase equivalent. Synchronous rectification increases efficiency, reduces power losses and eases thermal requirements, simplifying high power boost applications.
A 4.5V to 60V input supply range encompasses a wide range of system architectures and battery chemistries. When biased from the output of the boost converter or another auxiliary supply, the LTC3784 can operate from an input supply as low as 2.3V after start-up. The operating frequency can be set within a 50kHz to 900kHz range or synchronized to an external clock using the internal PLL. PolyPhase operation allows the LTC3784 to be configured for 2-, 3-, 4-, 6- and 12-phase operation.
The SS pin ramps the output voltage during start-up. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects Burst Mode® operation, pulseskipping mode or forced continuous mode at light loads.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
4x5 QFN-28, SSOP-28
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2061A||LTC3784IUFD Demo Board | 6V ≤ VIN ≤ 60V; VOUT= 48V @ 3A to 12A||$125.00|
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3769 - 60V Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT8710 - Synchronous SEPIC/ Inverting/Boost Controller with Output Current Control
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC3787 - PolyPhase Synchronous Boost Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.