LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- True Color PWM Delivers Constant Color with 3000:1 Dimming Ratio
- Fully Integrated Load FET Driver for PWM Dimming Control of High Power LEDs
- 100:1 Dimming from Analog Inputs
- Wide FB Voltage Range: 0V to 1.23V
- Constant Current or Constant Voltage Regulation
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ = 20μA
- 1% 1.23V Internal Voltage Reference
- 2% RUN Pin Threshold with 100mV Hysteresis
- Programmable Operating Frequency (20kHz to 1MHz) with One External Resistor
- Synchronizable to an External Clock Up to 1.3fOSC
- Internal 7V Low Dropout Voltage Regulator
- Programmable Output Overvoltage Protection
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Can be Used in a No RSENSE Mode for VDS < 36V
- 16-Lead DFN and TSSOP Packages
DescriptionThe LTC3783 is a current mode LED driver and boost, flyback and SEPIC controller that drives both an N-channel power MOSFET and an N-channel load PWM switch. When using an external load switch, the PWMIN input not only drives PWMOUT, but also enables controller GATE switching and error amplifier operation, allowing the controller to store load current information while PWMIN is low. This feature (patent pending) provides extremely fast, true PWM load switching with no transient overvoltage or undervoltage issues; LED dimming ratios of 3000:1 can be achieved digitally, avoiding the color shift normally associated with LED current dimming. The FBP pin allows analog dimming of load current, further increasing the effective dimming ratio by 100:1 over PWM alone.
In applications where output load current must be returned to VIN, optional constant current/constant voltage regulation controls either output (or input) current or output voltage and provides a limit for the other. ILIM provides a 10:1 analog dimming ratio.
For low- to medium-power applications, No RSENSE mode can utilize the power MOSFET’s on-resistance to eliminate the current-sense resistor, thereby maximizing efficiency. The IC’s operating frequency can be set with an external resistor over a 20kHz to 1MHz range and can be synchronized to an external clock using the SYNC pin.
The LTC3783 is available in the 16-lead DFN and TSSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC850A||LTC3783 Demo Board | Boost LED Driver Controller, 3V ≤ VIN ≤ 14.4V, VLED up to 25V @ 360mA||$125.00|
- High Voltage LED Arrays
- Telecom Power Supplies
- 42V Automotive Systems
- 24V Industrial Controls
- IP Phone Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
- LT3756/LT3756-1/LT3756-2 - 100VIN, 100VOUT LED Controller
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: