LTC3776 - Dual 2-Phase, No RSENSE Synchronous Controller for DDR/QDR Memory Termination
- No Current Sense Resistors Required
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance
- VOUT2 Tracks 1/2 VREF
- Symmetrical Source/Sink Output Current Capability (VOUT2)
- Spread Spectrum Operation (When Enabled)
- Wide VIN Range: 2.75V to 9.8V
- Constant Frequency Current Mode Operation
- 0.6V ±1.5% Voltage Reference (VOUT1)
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- True PLL for Frequency Locking or Adjustment
- Internal Soft-Start Circuitry
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Micropower Shutdown: IQ = 9µA
- Tiny Low Profile (4mm × 4mm) QFN and Narrow SSOP Packages
DescriptionThe LTC3776 is a 2-phase dual output synchronous stepdown switching regulator controller for DDR/QDR memory termination applications. The second controller regulates its output voltage to 1/2 VREF while providing symmetrical source and sink output current capability.
The No RSENSE constant frequency current mode architecture eliminates the need for sense resistors and improves efficiency. Power loss and noise due to the ESR of the input capacitance are minimized by operating the two controllers out of phase.
The switching frequency can be programmed up to 750kHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. For noise sensitive applications, the LTC3776 switching frequency can be externally synchronized from 250kHz to 850kHz, or can be enabled for spread spectrum operation. Forced continuous operation reduces noise and RF interference. Soft-start for VOUT1 is provided internally and can be extended using an external capacitor.
The LTC3776 is available in the tiny thermally enhanced (4mm × 4mm) QFN package or 24-lead SSOP narrow package.
Protected by U.S. Patents including 5481178, 5929620, 6144194, 6580258, 6304066, 6611131, 6498466, patent pending on Spread Spectrum.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC829A||LTC3776EUF | 2-Phase Dual Step-Down Converter For DDR/QDR Memory Termination, Vin = 2.75V-8V, Vout1 = 2.5V (5A@5Vin), Vout2=1.25V (+/-5A@5Vin)||$150.00|
- DDR, DDR II and QDR Memory
- SSTL, HSTL Termination Supplies
- Servers, RAID Systems
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC3617 - ±6A Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator for DDR Termination
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LTC3618 - Dual 4MHz, ±3A Synchronous Buck Converter for DDR Termination
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LTC3615 - Dual 4MHz, 3A Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LTM4619 - Dual, 26VIN, 4A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: