LTC3774 - Dual, Multiphase Current Mode Synchronous Controller for Sub-Milliohm DCR Sensing
- Sub-Milliohm DCR Current Sensing
- Operates with Power Blocks, DRMOS or External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- Supports Phase Shedding and N+1 Phase Redundancy
- Programmable DCR Temperature Compensation
- ±0.75% Maximum Total DC Output Error Over Temperature
- Dual Differential Remote Output Voltage Sense Amplifiers
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency Range: 200kHz to 1.2MHz
- VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to 3.5V
- Supports Smooth Start-Up into Pre-Biased Outputs
- Programmable Soft-Start or VOUT Tracking
- Hiccup Mode/Soft Recovery from Output Overcurrent
- 36-Lead (5mm × 6mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3774 is a dual PolyPhase® current mode synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives power blocks, DRMOS or external gate drivers and power MOSFETs. It offers an LTC-proprietary technique that enhances the signal-to-noise ratio of the current sense signal, allowing the use of inductors with very low DC winding resistances as the current sense element for maximum efficiency and reduced jitter.
The maximum current sense voltage is programmable from 10mV to 30mV. High speed, low offset remote sense differential amplifiers and a precise 0.6V reference provide accurate output voltages between 0.6V and 3.5V from a wide 4.5V to 38V input supply range. Soft recovery from output shorts or overcurrent minimizes output overshoot. Burst Mode® operation, continuous and pulse-skipping modes are supported. The constant operating frequency can be synchronized to an external clock or linearly programmed from 200kHz to 1.2MHz. Up to six LTC3774 controllers can be paralleled for 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, 6-, 8- or 12-phase operation.
The LTC3774 is available in a 36-lead (5mm × 6mm) QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2002A||LTC3774EUHE Demo Board | Dual Buck Controller, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14, Vout1 = 1.2V @ 30A, Vout2 = 1.5V @ 30A||$150.00|
- Computer Systems
- Telecom and Datacom Systems
- Industrial Equipment
- DC Power Distribution Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: