LTC3774 - Dual, Multiphase Current Mode Synchronous Controller for Sub-Milliohm DCR Sensing
- Sub-Milliohm DCR Current Sensing
- Operates with Power Blocks, DRMOS or External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- Supports Phase Shedding and N+1 Phase Redundancy
- Programmable DCR Temperature Compensation
- ±0.75% Maximum Total DC Output Error Over Temperature
- Dual Differential Remote Output Voltage Sense Amplifiers
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency Range: 200kHz to 1.2MHz
- VIN Range: 4.5V to 38V
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to 3.5V
- Supports Smooth Start-Up into Pre-Biased Outputs
- Programmable Soft-Start or VOUT Tracking
- Hiccup Mode/Soft Recovery from Output Overcurrent
- 36-Lead (5mm × 6mm) QFN Package
The LTC®3774 is a dual PolyPhase® current mode synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives power blocks, DRMOS or external gate drivers and power MOSFETs. It offers an LTC-proprietary technique that enhances the signal-to-noise ratio of the current sense signal, allowing the use of inductors with very low DC winding resistances as the current sense element for maximum efficiency and reduced jitter.
The maximum current sense voltage is programmable from 10mV to 30mV. High speed, low offset remote sense differential amplifiers and a precise 0.6V reference provide accurate output voltages between 0.6V and 3.5V from a wide 4.5V to 38V input supply range. Soft recovery from output shorts or overcurrent minimizes output overshoot. Burst Mode® operation, continuous and pulse-skipping modes are supported. The constant operating frequency can be synchronized to an external clock or linearly programmed from 200kHz to 1.2MHz. Up to six LTC3774 controllers can be paralleled for 1-, 2-, 3-, 4-, 6-, 8- or 12-phase operation.
The LTC3774 is available in a 36-lead (5mm × 6mm) QFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2002A||LTC3774EUHE Demo Board | Dual Buck Controller, 7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14, Vout1 = 1.2V @ 30A, Vout2 = 1.5V @ 30A||$150.00|
|DC2111A-A||LTC3774EUHE Demo Board | Sync Buck Controller, 4-Phase (LTC3774 x2), 10V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, Vout = 1.2V @ 90A||Contact Factory|
|DC2111A-B||LTC3774EUHE Demo Board | Sync Buck Controller, 4-Phase (LTC3774 x2), 10V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, Vout = 1.2V @ 120A||Contact Factory|
- Computer Systems
- Telecom and Datacom Systems
- Industrial Equipment
- DC Power Distribution Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTM4676 - Dual 13A or Single 26A μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Digital Power System Management
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: