LTC3772B - Micropower No RSENSE Constant Frequency Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- No Current Sense Resistor Required
- High Output Currents Easily Achieved
- Internal Soft-Start Ramps VOUT
- Wide VIN Range: 2.75V to 9.8V
- Low Dropout: 100% Duty Cycle
- Constant Frequency 550kHz Operation
- Low Ripple Pulse Skipping Operation at Light Load
- Output Voltage as Low as 0.8V
- ±1.5% Voltage Reference Accuracy
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Only 8μA Supply Current in Shutdown
- Low Profile 8-Lead SOT-23 (1mm) and (3mm × 2mm) DFN (0.75mm) Packages
The LTC3772B is a constant frequency current mode step-down DC/DC controller in a low profile 8-lead SOT-23 (ThinSOT) and a 3mm × 2mm DFN package. The No RSENSE architecture eliminates the need for a current sense resistor, improving efficiency and saving board space.
The LTC3772B automatically switches into pulse skipping operation at light loads. It consumes only 200μA of quiescent current under a no-load condition.
The LTC3772B incorporates an undervoltage lockout feature that shuts down the device when the input voltage falls below 2V. To maximize the runtime from a battery source, the external P-channel MOSFET is turned on continuously in dropout (100% duty cycle). High switching frequency of 550kHz allows the use of a small inductor and capacitors. An internal soft-start smoothly ramps the output voltage from zero to its regulation point.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC924A||LTC3772BEDDB Demo Board | VIN = 2.75V to 8V, VOUT = 1.8V/2.5V/3.3V @ 2A||Contact Factory|
- 1- or 2-Cell Li-Ion Battery-Powered Applications
- Wireless Devices
- Portable Computers
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3772 - Micropower No RSENSE Constant Frequency Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LT3724 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3801 - Micropower Constant Frequency Step-Down DC/DC Controllers in ThinSOT
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3832 - High Power Step-Down Synchronous DC/DC Controllers for Low Voltage Operation
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LTC3873 - No RSENSE Constant Frequency Current Mode Boost/Flyback/SEPIC DC/DC Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: