LTC3765 - Active Clamp Forward Controller and Gate Driver
- Supports Self-Starting Secondary-Side Control
- Direct Flux Limit™ Guarantees No Saturation
- Active Clamp Drive with Delay Adjustment
- On-Chip Bridge Rectifier Eliminates Need for Separate Gate Drive Bias Supply
- Wide Input Supply Range: 8V and Up (Limited Only by External Components)
- Linear Regulator Controller for Fast Start-Up
- High Speed Gate Drivers
- Precision UVLO with Adjustable Hysteresis
- Overcurrent Protection
- Overtemperature Protection
- Adjustable Start-Up Frequency and Soft-Start
- Tiny 16-Lead MSOP Package
The LTC®3765 is a start-up controller and gate driver for use in a self-starting secondary-side control forward converter. When combined with the LTC3766 secondaryside synchronous forward controller, a complete isolated power supply is created using a minimum of discrete parts. A proprietary scheme is used to multiplex gate drive signals and bias power across the isolation barrier through a small pulse transformer. The LTC3765 contains an on-chip bridge rectifier that extracts gate drive bias power from this pulse transformer, eliminating the need for a separate bias supply. A precision undervoltage lockout circuit and linear regulator controller ensure a quick and well-controlled start-up.
The LTC3765 includes an active clamp output for driving an external PMOS, as well as an adjustable delay to optimize efficiency. The active clamp architecture reduces voltage stress on the main power switch, and provides the highest possible efficiency. Overcurrent protection and the Direct Flux Limit guarantee no transformer saturation without compromising transient response.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1739A||OBSOLETE - PLEASE USE DC1739A-B||Contact Factory|
|DC1739A-B||LTC3765EMSE/LTC3766EGN Demo Board 18V VIN 72V; VOUT = 12V @ 12.5A||Contact Factory|
- Isolated Battery Chargers
- Isolated 48V Telecommunication Systems
- Servers and Embedded Computing
- Automotive and Heavy Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3766 - High Efficiency, Secondary-Side Synchronous Forward Controller
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3748 - 100V Isolated Flyback Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV