LTC3736-1 - Dual 2-Phase, No RSENSE Synchronous Controller with Spread Spectrum
- Spread Spectrum Operation
- Tracking Function
- No Current Sense Resistors Required
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required
- Input Capacitance
- Wide VIN Range: 2.75V to 9.8V
- Current Mode Operation
- 0.6V ±1.5% Voltage Reference
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Pulse Skipping Operation at Light Loads
- Internal Soft-Start Circuitry
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Micropower Shutdown: IQ = 9µA
- Tiny Low Profile (4mm × 4mm) QFN and Narrow SSOP Packages
The LTC3736-1 is a 2-phase dual synchronous stepdown switching regulator controller with tracking that drives external complementary power MOSFETs using few external components. The constant frequency current mode architecture with MOSFET VDS sensing eliminates the need for sense resistors and improves efficiency. Power loss and noise due to the ESR of the input capacitance are minimized by operating the two controllers out of phase.
A unique spread spectrum architecture randomly varies the LTC3736-1’s switching frequency from 450kHz to 580kHz, significantly reducing the peak radiated and conducted noise on both the input and output supplies, making it easier to comply with electromagnetic interference (EMI) standards.
Pulse skipping operation provides high efficiency at light loads. 100% duty cycle capability provides low dropout operation, extending operating time in battery-powered systems. The high switching frequencies allow for the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors.
The LTC3736-1 is available in the low profile (0.75mm) 24-pin thermally enhanced (4mm × 4mm) QFN package and 24-lead narrow SSOP packages.
No RSENSE is a trademark of Linear Technology Corporation. Protected by U.S. Patents including 5481178, 5929620, 6144194, 6580258, 6304066, 6611131, 6498466.
|Max Current Sense Voltage||Burst Mode
||Soft Start||Spread Spectrum|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC803A||LTC3736EUF-1 | 2-Phase, Spread Spectrum, 2.75V ≤ Vin ≤ 8V; Vout1 = 2.5V @ 5A, Vout2 = 1.8V @ 5A||$150.00|
- One or Two Lithium-Ion Powered Devices
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers, PDAs
- Portable Instruments
- Distributed DC Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3736-2 - Dual 2-Phase, No RSENSE Synchronous Controller with Output Tracking
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT3742 - Dual, 2-Phase Step-Down Switching Controller
- LT1619 - Low Voltage Current Mode PWM Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT1930 - 1A, 1.2MHz/2.2MHz, Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LTM8032 - EN55022B Compliant 36V, 2A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: