LTC3731 - 3-Phase, 600kHz, Synchronous Buck Switching Regulator Controller
- 3-Phase Current Mode Controller with Onboard MOSFET Drivers
- ±5% Output Current Matching Optimizes Thermal Performance and Size of Inductors and MOSFETs
- Differential Amplifier Accurately Senses VOUT
- ±1% VREF Accuracy Over Temperature
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to 5.5V without Diffamp
- VOUT Range: 0.6V to (VCC – 1.2V) with Diffamp
- 250kHz to 600kHz Per Phase, PLL, Fixed Frequency
- PWM, Stage Shedding™ or Burst Mode® Operation
- OPTI-LOOP® Compensation Minimizes COUT
- Adjustable Soft-Start Current Ramping
- Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer with Defeat Option
- Overvoltage Soft Latch
- Adjustable Undervoltage Lockout Threshold
- Selectable Phase Output for Up to 12-Phase Operation
- Available in 5mm × 5mm QFN and 36-Pin Narrow (0.209") SSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3731 is a PolyPhase synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel external power MOSFET stages in a phase-lockable fixed frequency architecture. The 3-phase controller drives its output stages with 120° phase separation at frequencies of up to 600kHz per phase to minimize the RMS current losses in both the input and output filter capacitors. The 3-phase technique effectively triples the fundamental frequency, improving transient response while operating each controller at an optimal frequency for efficiency and ease of thermal design. Light load efficiency is optimized by using a choice of output Stage Shedding or Burst Mode operation.
A differential amplifier provides true remote sensing of both the high and low side of the output voltage at the point of load. The precision reference supports output voltages from 0.6V to 6V.
Soft-start and a defeatable, timed short-circuit shutdown protect the MOSFETs and the load. Current foldback provides protection for the external MOSFETs under short-circuit or overload conditions.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC438A||LTC3731CG | 3-Phase, Vin = 9V to 14V, Vout = 2.5V/1.8V @ 60A||$150.00|
|DC558A||LTC3731CUH Demo Board | 3-Phase, Vin = 5V to 14V, Vout = 1.5V/60A||Contact Factory|
|DC561A-A||LTC3731CUH (x4) | 12-Phase, 10V - 14Vin, 1.5Vout @ 180A||$175.00|
|DC561A-B||LTC3731CUH (x2) | 6-Phase, 10V - 14Vin, 1.5Vout @ 90A||Contact Factory|
|DC721A-A||LTC3738CUHF/LTC3731CUH Demo Board | 6-Phase, 8V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, Vout = VRM9.X / 10.X @ 120A||Contact Factory|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Desktop Computers and Servers
- High Performance Notebook Computers
- High Output Current DC/DC Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3829 - 3-Phase, Single Output Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Diffamp
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3741/LT3741-1 - High Power, Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Step-Down Controller
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3729 - 550kHz, PolyPhase, High Efficiency, Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: