LTC3727-1 - High Efficiency, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulators
- Wide Output Voltage Range:
0.8V < or = VOUT < or = 14V
- Out-of-Phase Controllers Reduce Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- OPTI-LOOP® Compensation Minimizes COUT
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 550kHz
- Latched Short-Circuit Shutdown (LTC3727 Only)
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V Operation
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Soft-Start Current Ramping
- Foldback Output Current Limiting
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Low Shutdown IQ: 20µA
- Selectable Constant Frequency or Burst Mode® Operation
- Small 28-Lead SSOP Package
- LTC3727-1 Also Available in the 5mm x 5mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3727/LTC3727-1 are high performance dual step-down switching regulator controllers that drive all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows phase-lockable frequency of up to 550kHz. Power loss and noise due to the ESR of the input capacitors are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out of phase.
OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. There is a precision 0.8V reference and a power good output indicator. A wide 4V to 30V (36V maximum) input supply range encompasses all battery chemistries.
A RUN/SS pin for each controller provides soft-start, and on the LTC3727GN, optional timed, short-circuit shutdown. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions when overcurrent latchoff is disabled. Output overvoltage protection circuitry latches on the bottom MOSFET until VOUT returns to normal. The FCB mode pin can select among Burst Mode, constant frequency mode and continuous inductor current mode or regulate a secondary winding.
||Vref Accuracy Over Temp
|LTC3727||4V - 36V||±1%||No||180ns|
|LTC3727-1||4V - 36V||±1%||Yes||180ns|
|LTC3727A-1||4V - 36V||±1%||No||120ns|
|LTC3727LX-1||4V - 32V||±1.5%||No||120ns|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Telecom Systems
- Automotive Systems
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3855 - Dual, Multiphase Synchronous DC/DC Controller with Differential Remote Sense
- LTC3890-1 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC3780 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3728 - Dual, 550kHz, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3891 - Low IQ, 60V Synchronous Step-Down Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT6108 - High Side Current Sense Amplifier with Reference and Comparator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: