LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- High Voltage Operation: Up to 100V
- Large 1Ω Gate Drivers
- No Current Sense Resistor Required
- Step-Up or Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Programmable Constant Frequency: 100kHz to 600kHz
- ±1% Reference Accuracy
- Synchronizable up to 600kHz
- Selectable Pulse Skip Mode Operation
- Low Shutdown Current: 50µA Typ
- Programmable Current Limit
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Programmable Soft-Start
- 16-Pin Narrow SSOP and 28-Pin SSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3703 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that can directly step-down voltages from up to 100V, making it ideal for telecom and automotive applications. The LTC3703 drives external N-channel MOSFETs using a constant frequency (up to 600kHz), voltage mode architecture.
A precise internal reference provides 1% DC accuracy. A high bandwidth error amplifier and patented line feed forward compensation provide very fast line and load transient response. Strong 1Ω gate drivers allow the LTC3703 to drive multiple MOSFETs for higher current applications. The operating frequency is user programmable from 100kHz to 600kHz and can also be synchronized to an external clock for noise-sensitive applications. Current limit is programmable with an external resistor and utilizes the voltage drop across the synchronous MOSFET to eliminate the need for a current sense resistor. For applications requiring up to 60V operation with logiclevel MOSFETS, refer to the LTC3703-5 data sheet.
|MOSFET Gate Drive||4.5V to 15V||9.3V to 15V|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC501A||LTC3703EGN Demo Board | High Input Voltage, Step-Down 6A Power Supply, 20 to 72Vin, 12Vout@6A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- 48V Telecom and Base Station Power Supplies
- Networking Equipment, Servers
- Automotive and Industrial Control
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: