LTC3646/LTC3646-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.0V to 40V
- 1A Guaranteed Output Current
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Wide Output Voltage Range
LTC3646: 2.0V to 30V
LTC3646-1: 0.6V to 15V
- ±1% Accurate Reference Voltage
- Internal or External Compensation
- Switching Frequency Adjustable and Synchronizable: 200kHz to 3MHz
- Selectable High Efficiency Burst Mode® Operation or Forced Continuous Mode
- 14 Lead 3mm × 4mm DFN or Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP Packages
The LTC®3646 is a high efficiency, step-down DC/DC converter with internal high side and synchronous power FETs. It draws only 140μA typical DC supply current in Burst Mode operation at no load while maintaining output voltage regulation.
The LTC3646 can supply up to a 1A load, and its combination of Burst Mode operation, integrated power switches and low quiescent current provides high efficiency over a broad range of load currents. Alternatively, it can be used in forced continuous mode for ripple sensitive applications.
The LTC3646 has a wide 4.0V to 40V input range and its patented controlled on-time architecture and 0.6V reference voltage allow for large step-down ratios without the risk of overvoltage. The frequency may be set between 200kHz to 3.0MHz with a program resistor or synchronized to an external clock.
The internal soft-start, short-circuit protection and voltage rating make the LTC3646 a robust part ideal for high voltage applications.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1731A-A||LTC3646/LTC3646-1 Demo Board I High Efficiency Low Quiescent Current Step-Down Converter||$150.00|
|DC1731A-B||LTC3646/LTC3646-1 Demo Board I High Efficiency Low Quiescent Current Step-Down Converter||$150.00|
|DC1820A-A||LTC3646/LTC3646-1 High Efficiency Low Quiescent Current Step-Down Converter||Contact Factory|
|DC1820A-B||LTC3646/LTC3646-1 High Efficiency Low Quiescent Current Step-Down Converter||Contact Factory|
- Point of Load Power Supply
- Intermediate Bus Power
- Automotive Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3504 - Quad 40V/1A Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTM4641 - 38V, 10A DC/DC µModule Regulator with Advanced Input and Load Protection
- LT8611 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with Current Sense and 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV