LTC3642 - High Efficiency, High Voltage 50mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 45V
- Tolerant of 60V Input Transients
- Internal High Side and Low Side Power Switches
- No Compensation Required
- 50mA Output Current
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Quiescent Current: 12μA
- 0.8V Feedback Voltage Reference
- Adjustable Peak Current Limit
- Internal and External Soft-Start
- Precise RUN Pin Threshold with Adjustable Hysteresis
- 3.3V, 5V and Adjustable Output Versions
- Only Three External Components Required for Fixed Output Versions
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 3mm × 3mm DFN and Thermally-Enhanced MS8E Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3642 is a high efficiency, high voltage step-down DC/DC converter with internal high side and synchronous power switches that draws only 12μA typical DC supply current at no load while maintaining output voltage regulation.
The LTC3642 can supply up to 50mA load current and features a programmable peak current limit that provides a simple method for optimizing efficiency in lower current applications. The LTC3642’s combination of Burst Mode® operation, integrated power switches, low quiescent current, and programmable peak current limit provides high efficiency over a broad range of load currents.
With its wide 4.5V to 45V input range and internal overvoltage monitor capable of protecting the part through 60V surges, the LTC3642 is a robust converter suited for regulating a wide variety of power sources. Additionally, the LTC3642 includes a precise run threshold and soft‑start feature to guarantee that the power system start-up is well-controlled in any environment.
The LTC3642 is available in the thermally enhanced 3mm × 3mm DFN and MS8E packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1429A||LTC3642EDD Demo Board | 60V Transients, 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 45V, Vout =1.8V/3.3V/5V/Adj @ 50mA||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- 4mA to 20mA Current Loops
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Distributed Power Systems
- Portable Instruments
- Battery-Operated Devices
- Automotive Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3631 - High Efficiency, High Voltage 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC3632 - High Efficiency, High Voltage 20mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC3639 - High Efficiency, 150V 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT3470 - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- LTC3388 - 20V High Efficiency Nanopower Step-Down Regulator
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: