LTC3634 - 15V Dual 3A Monolithic Step-Down Regulator for DDR Power
- 3.6V to 15V Input Voltage Range
- ±3A Output Current per Channel
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Selectable 90°/180° Phase Shift Between Channels
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 500kHz to 4MHz
- VTTR = VDDQ/2 = VTT Reference
- ±1.6% Accurate VTTR at 0.75V
- Optimal VOUT Range: 0.6V to 3V
- ±10mA Buffered Output Supplies VREF Reference Voltage
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- External Clock Synchronization
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Input Overvoltage and Overtemperature Protection
- Power Good Status Outputs
- Available in (4mm × 5mm) QFN-28 and Thermally Enhanced 28-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3634 is a high efficiency, dual-channel monolithic synchronous step-down regulator which provides power supply and bus termination rails for DDR1, DDR2, and DDR3 SDRAM controllers. The operating input voltage range is 3.6V to 15V, making it suitable for point-of-load power supply applications from a 5V or 12V input, as well as various battery powered systems.
The VTT regulated output voltage is equal to VDDQIN• 0.5. An on-chip buffer capable of driving a 10mA load provides a low noise reference output (VTTR) also equal to VDDQIN• 0.5.
The operating frequency is programmable and synchronizable from 500kHz to 4MHz with an external resistor. The two channels can operate 180° out-of-phase, which relaxes the requirements for input and output capacitance. The unique controlled on-time architecture is ideal for powering DDR applications from a 12V supply at high switching frequencies, allowing the use of smaller external components.
The LTC3634 is offered in both 28-pin 4mm × 5mm QFN and 28-pin exposed pad TSSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1708A||LTC3634EUFD Demo Board (QFN) | VIN= 3.6V to 15V, VOUT1 =1.5V/1.8V/2.5V@±3A, VOUT2 = 0.5VIN (VTT)@±3A, VOUT3 = 0.5VIN (VTTR)@±10mA.||$150.00|
|DC1839A||LT3634EFE Demo Board (TSSOP) | VIN= 3.6V to 15V, VOUT1 =1.5V/1.8V/2.5V @ ±3A, VOUT2 =0.5VIN (VTT) @ ±3A, VOUT3 = 0.5VIN (VTTR) @ ±10mA.||$150.00|
- DDR Memory Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3618 - Dual 4MHz, ±3A Synchronous Buck Converter for DDR Termination
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated μModule DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3633 - Dual Channel 3A, 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
- LTC3615 - Dual 4MHz, 3A Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.