LTC3633A-2/LTC3633A-3 - Dual Channel 3A, 20V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- 3.6V to 20V Input Voltage Range
- 3A Output Current per Channel
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Low Duty Cycle Operation: 5% at 2.25MHz
- Selectable 0°/180° Phase Shift Between Channels
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 500kHz to 4MHz
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- User Selectable Burst Mode® Operation or Forced Continuous Operation
- Output Voltage Tracking and Soft-Start Capability
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Overvoltage Input and Overtemperature Protection
- Power Good Status Outputs
- Available in (4mm × 5mm) QFN-28 and 28-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3633A-2 is a high efficiency, dual-channel monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a controlled on-time, current mode architecture, with phase lockable switching frequency. The two channels can run 180° out of phase to relax the requirements for input and output capacitance. The operating supply voltage range is from 3.6V to 20V, making it suitable for lithium-ion battery stacks as well as point of load power supply applications from a 12V or 5V supply.
The operating frequency is programmable from 500kHz to 4MHz with an external resistor and may be synchronized to an external clock signal. The high frequency capability allows the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. The unique constant frequency/controlled ontime architecture is ideal for high step-down ratio applications that operate at high frequency while demanding fast transient response. An internal phase locked loop servos the on-time of the internal one-shot timer to match the frequency of the internal clock or an applied external clock.
The LTC3633A-2 can select between forced continuous mode and high efficiency Burst Mode operation. The LTC3633A-2 and LTC3633A-3 differ in their output voltage sense range (refer to Table 1 in the Operation section for a description of the entire LTC3633A product family).
|Part Number||Output Voltage Sense Range||SVin Input||V2P5 Output||LTC3633 Pin Compatible|
|LTC3633A||0.6V TO 6V||No||Yes||Yes|
|LTC3633A-1||1.5V TO 12V||No||Yes||Yes|
|LTC3633A-2||0.6V TO 6V||Yes||No||No|
|LTC3633A-3||1.5V TO 12V||Yes||No||No|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1896A||LTC3633AEFE-3 Demo Board I 3.6V to 20V Input, 3.3V at 3A and 1.8V at 3A Output||$150.00|
- Distributed Power Systems
- Battery Powered Instruments
- Point of Load Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3633A/LTC3633A-1 - Dual Channel 3A, 20V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3633 - Dual Channel 3A, 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: