LTC3630A - High Efficiency, 76V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- Wide Operating Input Voltage Range: 4V to 76V
- Synchronous Operation for Highest Efficiency
- Internal High Side and Low Side Power MOSFETs
- No Compensation Required
- Adjustable 50mA to 500mA Maximum Output Current
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Quiescent Current: 12μA
- Wide Output Range: 0.8V to VIN
- 0.8V ±1% Feedback Voltage Reference
- Precise RUN Pin Threshold
- Internal and External Soft-Start
- Programmable 1.8V, 3.3V, 5V or Adjustable Output
- Few External Components Required
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 3mm × 5mm DFN and Thermally-Enhanced MSE16 Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3630A is a high efficiency step-down DC/DC converter with internal high side and synchronous power switches that draws only 12μA typical DC supply current while maintaining a regulated output voltage at no load.
The LTC3630A can supply up to 500mA load current and features a programmable peak current limit that provides a simple method for optimizing efficiency and for reducing output ripple and component size. The LTC3630A’s combination of Burst Mode® operation, integrated power switches, low quiescent current, and programmable peak current limit provides high efficiency over a broad range of load currents.
With its wide input range of 4V to 76V, the LTC3630A is a robust converter suited for regulating a wide variety of power sources. A feedback comparator output enables multiple LTC3630As to be paralleled in higher current applications.
The LTC3630A is available in the thermally-enhanced 3mm × 5mm DFN and the MSE16 packages.
|LTC3630||4.5V to 65V|
|LTC3630A||4.5V to 76V|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1877A||LTC3630AEDHC Demo Board (DFN) | Sync Buck, 4V ≤ VIN ≤ 76V, Vout = 5V/3.3V/1.8V/Adj @ 500mA||Contact Factory|
|DC2105A-A||LTC3630AEMSE Demo Board (MSOP)| 4V ≤ VIN ≤ 76V, Vout = 1.8V/3.3V/5V/Adj @ 500mA||Contact Factory|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Medical Devices
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC3639 - High Efficiency, 150V 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LTC3637 - 76V, 1A Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3638 - High Efficiency, 140V 250mA Step-Down Regulator
- LT8620 - 65V, 2A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: