LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- Wide Operating Input Voltage Range: 4V to 65V
- Synchronous Operation for Highest Efficiency
- Internal High Side and Low Side Power MOSFETs
- No Compensation Required
- Adjustable 50mA to 500mA Maximum Output Current
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low Quiescent Current: 12μA
- Wide Output Range: 0.8V to VIN
- 0.8V ±1% Feedback Voltage Reference
- Precise RUN Pin Threshold
- Internal and External Soft-Start
- Programmable 1.8V, 3.3V, 5V or Adjustable Output
- Few External Components Required
- Low Profile (0.75mm) 3mm × 5mm DFN and Thermally-Enhanced MSE16 Packages
The LTC®3630 is a high efficiency step-down DC/DC converter with internal high side and synchronous power switches that draws only 12μA typical DC supply current while maintaining a regulated output voltage at no load.
The LTC3630 can supply up to 500mA load current and features a programmable peak current limit that provides a simple method for optimizing efficiency and for reducing output ripple and component size. The LTC3630’s combination of Burst Mode® operation, integrated power switches, low quiescent current, and programmable peak current limit provides high efficiency over a broad range of load currents.
With its wide input range of 4V to 65V, the LTC3630 is a robust converter suited for regulating a wide variety of power sources. Additionally, the LTC3630 includes a precise run threshold and soft-start feature to guarantee that the power system start-up is well-controlled in any environment. A feedback comparator output enables multiple LTC3630s to be paralleled in higher current applications.
The LTC3630 is available in the thermally-enhanced 3mm × 5mm DFN and the MSE16 packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1849A||LTC3630EMSE Demo Board I High Efficiency 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter||$150.00|
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Medical Devices
- Distributed Power Systems
- Portable Instruments
- Battery-Operated Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LT3988 - Dual 60V Monolithic 1A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LT3504 - Quad 40V/1A Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC3631 - High Efficiency, High Voltage 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV