LTC3625 - 1A High Efficiency 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Automatic Cell Balancing
- High Efficiency Step-Up/Step-Down Charging of Two Series Supercapacitors
- Automatic Cell Balancing Prevents Capacitor Overvoltage During Charging
- Programmable Charging Current Up to 500mA (Single Inductor), 1A (Dual Inductor)
- VIN = 2.7V to 5.5V
- Selectable 2.4V/2.65V Regulation per Cell (LTC3625)
- Selectable 2V/2.25V Regulation per Cell (LTC3625-1)
- Low No-Load Quiescent Current: 23μA
- IVOUT, IVIN < 1μA in Shutdown
- Low Profile 12-lead 3mm × 4mm DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3625/LTC3625-1 are programmable supercapacitor chargers designed to charge two supercapacitors in series to a fixed output voltage (4.8V/5.3V or 4V/4.5V selectable) from a 2.7V to 5.5V input supply. Automatic cell balancing prevents overvoltage damage to either supercapacitor while maximizing charge rate. No balancing resistors are required.
High efficiency, high charging current, low quiescent current and low minimum external parts count (one inductor, one bypass capacitor at VIN and one programming resistor) make the LTC3625/LTC3625-1 ideally suited for small form factor backup or high peak power systems.
Charging current/maximum input current level is programmed with an external resistor. When the input supply is removed and/or the EN pin is low, the LTC3625/LTC3625-1 automatically enter a low current state, drawing less than 1μA from the supercapacitors.
The LTC3625/LTC3625-1 are available in a compact 12‑lead 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1583A-A||LTC3625EDE Demo Board | VIN = 2.7V to 5.5V, VOUT= 5.3V / 4.8V @IOUT up to 1A||$125.00|
|DC1583A-B||LTC3625-1EDE Demo Board | VIN = 2.7V to 5.5V, VOUT= 4.5V or 4.0V @ IOUT up to 1A||$125.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Servers, RAID Systems, Mass Storage, High Current Backup Supplies
- Solid State Hard Drives
- Wireless Power Meters
- High Peak Power Boosted Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4425 - Linear SuperCap Charger with Current-Limited Ideal Diode and V/I Monitor
- LTC3225 - 150mA Supercapacitor Charger
- LTC3226 - 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Backup PowerPath Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3128 - 3A Monolithic Buck-Boost Supercapacitor Charger and Balancer with Accurate Input Current Limit
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC3350 - High Current Supercapacitor Backup Controller and System Monitor
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: