LTC3622 - 17V, Dual 1A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with Ultralow Quiescent Current
- Dual Step-Down Outputs: 1A Per Channel
- Wide VIN Range: 2.7V to 17V
- Wide VOUT Range: 0.6V to VIN
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- No-Load IQ = 5μA with Both Channels Enabled; IQ < 4μA with Only One Channel Enabled
- High Efficiency, Low Dropout Operation (100% Duty Cycle)
- Constant Frequency (1MHz/2.25MHz) with External Frequency Synchronization
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Phase Shift Programmable with External Clock
- Selectable Current Limit
- Internal Compensation and Soft-Start
- Compact 14-Pin DFN (3mm × 4mm) and 16-Lead MSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3622 is a dual 1A output, high efficiency synchronous monolithic step-down regulator capable of operating from input supplies up to 17V. The switching frequency is fixed to 1MHz or 2.25MHz with a ±50% synchronization range to an external clock. The regulator features ultralow quiescent current and high efficiency over a wide output voltage range.
The step-down regulators operate from an input voltage range of 2.7V to 17V and provide an adjustable output from 0.6V to VIN while delivering up to 1A of output current. A user-selectable mode input is provided to allow the user to trade off ripple noise for light load efficiency. Burst Mode® operation provides the highest efficiency at light loads, while pulse-skipping mode provides the lowest ripple noise. The switching regulators can be synchronized to an external clock. Furthermore, fixed VOUT options are available to eliminate the external feedback resistors.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2003A||LTC3622 Demo Board (DFN) | Dual Sync Buck, 2.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 17V, Vout1 = 1.2V/1.8V/2.5V/3.3V @ 1A, Vout2 = 1.5V/1.8V/3.3V/5V @ 1A||$100.00|
|DC2004A||LTC3622EMSE Demo Board (MSOP) | Dual Sync Buck, 2.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 17V, Vout1 = 1.2V/1.8V/2.5V @ 1A, Vout2 = 3.3V/5V @ 1A||Contact Factory|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
sales office or authorized distributor.
- Battery Powered Systems
- Point-of-Load Supplies
- Portable – Handheld Scanners
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3621 - 17V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 3.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8620 - 65V, 2A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: