LTC3620 - Ultralow Power 15mA Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Maximum Current Output: 15mA
- Externally Programmable Frequency Clamp with Internal 50kHz Default Minimizes Audio Noise
- 18μA IQ Current
- 2.9V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Low-Battery Detection
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws <1μA Supply Current
- 2.8V Undervoltage Lockout
- Unique Low Noise Control Architecture
- Internal Power MOSFETs
- No Schottky Diodes Required
- Internal Soft-Start
- Tiny 2mm × 2mm 8-Lead DFN Package
The LTC®3620 is a high efficiency, synchronous buck regulator, suitable for very low power, very small footprint applications powered by a single Li-Ion battery.
The internal synchronous switches increase efficiency and eliminate the need for external Schottky diodes. Low output voltages are easily supported by the 0.6V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3620-1 option is internally programmed to provide a 1.1V output.
The LTC3620 uses a unique variable frequency architecture to minimize power loss and achieve high efficiency. The switching frequency is proportional to the load current, and an internal frequency clamp forces a minimum switching frequency at light loads to minimize noise in the audio range. The user can program the frequency of this clamp by applying an external clock to the FMIN/MODE pin.
The battery status output, LOBATB, indicates when the input voltage drops below 3V. To help prevent damage to the battery, an undervoltage lockout (UVLO) circuit shuts down the part if the input voltage falls below 2.8V.
The LTC3620 is available in a low profile, 2mm × 2mm 8-lead DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1460A||LTC3620EDC Demo Board | 2.9V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 1.1V/1.2V/1.8V @ 15mA||$75.00|
- Hearing Aids
- Wireless Headsets
- Li-Ion Cell Applications
- Button Cell Replacement
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3388 - 20V High Efficiency Nanopower Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3632 - High Efficiency, High Voltage 20mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC3631 - High Efficiency, High Voltage 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3642 - High Efficiency, High Voltage 50mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: