LTC3617 - ±6A Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator for DDR Termination
- ±6A Output Current
- 2.25V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- ±10mV Output Voltage Accuracy
- Optimized for Low Output Voltages Down to 0.5V
- High Efficiency
- Integrated Buffer for VTTR = VDDQIN • 0.5
- Shutdown Current: <1µA
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: Up to 4MHz
- Optional Internal Compensation
- Internal Soft-Start
- Power Good Status Output
- Input Overvoltage Protected
- Thermally Enhanced 24-Pin 3mm × 5mm QFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3617 is a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator utilizing a current mode, constant frequency architecture. It operates from an input voltage range of 2.25V to 5.5V and provides a regulated output voltage equal to 0.5 • VDDQIN while sourcing and sinking up to 6A of load current. An internal amplifier provides a VTTR output voltage equal to 0.5 • VDDQIN with an output current capability of ±10mA.
The operating frequency is externally programmable up to 4MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors. For switching-noise-sensitive applications, the LTC3617 can be synchronized to an external clock up to 4MHz.
Forced continuous mode operation in the LTC3617 reduces noise and RF interference. Adjustable external compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of loads and output capacitors.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external catch diode, minimizing external component count and board space. The LTC3617 is offered in a leadless 24-pin 3mm × 5mm thermally enhanced QFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1707A||LTC3617EUDD Demo Board | VIN=2.25V to 5.5V, Vout1 = 0.5VIN (VTT) @ ±6A, Vout2 = 0.5VIN (VTTR) @ ±10mA||Contact Factory|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- DDR Termination
- Supports DDR, DDR2 and DDR3 Standards
- Tracking Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3615 - Dual 4MHz, 3A Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC3616 - 6A, 4MHz Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTM4628 - Dual 8A or Single 16A DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator
- LTC3618 - Dual 4MHz, ±3A Synchronous Buck Converter for DDR Termination
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule (Power Module) Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: