LTC3616 - 6A, 4MHz Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- 6A Output Current
- 2.25V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Low Output Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 75μA
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Output Voltage Down to 0.6V
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Programmable Slew Rate on SW Node Reduces
- Noise and EMI
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: Up to 4MHz
- Optional Active Voltage Positioning (AVP) with
- Internal Compensation
- Selectable Pulse-Skipping/Forced Continuous/Burst
- Mode Operation with Adjustable Burst Clamp
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Inputs for Start-Up Tracking or External Reference
- DDR Memory Mode, IOUT = ±3A
- Available in a 24-Pin 3mm × 5mm QFN
- Thermally Enhanced Package
The LTC3616 is a low quiescent current monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a current mode, constant frequency architecture. The no-load DC supply current in sleep mode is only 70μA while maintaining the output voltage (Burst Mode operation) at no load, dropping to zero current in shutdown. The 2.25V to 5.5V input supply voltage range makes the LTC3616 ideally suited for single Li-Ion as well as fixed low voltage input applications. 100% duty cycle capability provides low dropout operation, extending the operating time in battery-powered systems.
The operating frequency is externally programmable up to 4MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors. For switching noise-sensitive applications, the LTC3616 can be synchronized to an external clock at up to 4MHz.
Forced continuous mode operation in the LTC3616 reduces noise and RF interference. Adjustable compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of loads and output capacitors.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external catch diode, saving external components and board space. The LTC3616 is offered in a leadless 24-pin 3mm × 5mm thermally enhanced QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1461A||LTC3616EUDD Demo Board | 6A, 4MHz, Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter||$100.00|
- Point-of-Load Supplies
- Distributed Power Supplies
- Portable Computer Systems
- DDR Memory Termination
- Handheld Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3615 - Dual 4MHz, 3A Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3605 - 15V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3609 - 32V, 6A Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3614 - 4A, 4MHz Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LTC3613 - 24V, 15A Monolithic Step Down Regulator with Differential Output Sensing
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3690 - 36V, 4A, 1.5MHz Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator with 70μA Quiescent Current
- LTM4627 - 15A DC/DC uModule Regulator
- LTC3617 - ±6A Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator for DDR Termination
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV