LTC3615 - Dual 4MHz, 3A Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- High Efficiency: Up to 94%
- Dual Outputs with 2 × 3A Output Current Capability
- Low Output Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 130μA
- 2.25V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Output Voltages Down to 0.6V
- Programmable Slew Rate at Switch Pins
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Shutdown Current ≤1μA
- Adjustable Switching Frequency Up to 4MHz
- Internal or External Compensation
- Selectable Pulse-Skipping/Forced Continuous/ Burst Mode Operation with Adjustable Burst Clamp
- Optional Active Voltage Positioning (AVP) with Internal Compensation
- Selectable 0°/90°/180° (LTC3615) or selectable 140°/180° (LTC3615-1) Phase Shift Between Channels
- Fixed Internal and Programmable External Soft-Start
- Accurate Start-Up Tracking Capability
- DDR Memory Mode IOUT = ±1.5A
- Available in 4mm × 4mm QFN-24 and eTSSOP-24 Packages
The LTC3615/LTC3615-1 are dual 3A synchronous stepdown regulators using a current mode, constant-frequency architecture. The DC supply current is only 130μA (Burst Mode operation at no-load) while maintaining the output voltages, dropping to zero current in shutdown. The 2.25V to 5.5V input supply range makes the parts ideally suited for single Li-Ion applications. 100% duty cycle capability provides low dropout operation, which extends operating time in battery-operated systems.
The operating frequency is externally programmable up to 4MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors. 0°, 90°, or 180° (LTC3615) or 140°/180° (LTC3615-1) of phase shift between the two channels can be selected to minimize input current ripple and output voltage ripple in a dual 3A or single 6A output configuration. Programmable slew rate limiting reduces EMI, and external synchronization can be applied up to 4MHz.
The internal synchronous switches increase efficiency and eliminate the need for external catch diodes, saving external components and board space.
The LTC3615/LTC3615-1 are offered in leadless 24-pin 4mm × 4mm QFN and thermally enhanced 24-pin eTSSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
4x4 QFN-24, TSSOP-24
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1435A||LTC3615EUF Demo Board (QFN) | 2.25V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, VOUT1 = 1.8V to 3.3V @ 3A, VOUT2 = 1.2V to 1.8V @ 3A||Contact Factory|
|DC1572A||LTC3615EFE Demo Board (TSSOP)| 2.25V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, VOUT1 = 1.8V to 3.3V @ 3A, VOUT2 = 1.2V to 1.8V @ 3A||Contact Factory|
- Point-of-Load Supplies
- Distributed Power Supplies
- Portable Computer Systems
- DDR Memory Termination
- Handheld Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3612 - 3A, 4MHz Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3633 - Dual Channel 3A, 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD II design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: IIf LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTC3615 (Dual Channel)
LTC3615 (Single Channel)
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: