LTC3612 - 3A, 4MHz Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- 3A Output Current
- 2.25V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Low Output Ripple Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 70μA
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Output Voltage Down to 0.6V
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Shutdown Current: ≤1μA
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: Up to 4MHz
- Optional Active Voltage Positioning (AVP) with Internal Compensation
- Selectable Pulse-Skipping/Forced Continuous/Burst Mode Operation with Adjustable Burst Clamp
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Inputs for Start-Up Tracking or External Reference
- DDR Memory Mode, IOUT = ±1.5A
- Available in Thermally Enhanced 20-Pin (3mm × 4mm) QFN and TSSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3612 is a low quiescent current monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a current mode, constant frequency architecture. The no-load DC supply current in sleep mode is only 70μA while maintaining the output voltage (Burst Mode operation) at no load, dropping to zero current in shutdown. The 2.25V to 5.5V input supply voltage range makes the LTC3612 ideally suited for single Li-Ion as well as fixed low voltage input applications. 100% duty cycle capability provides low dropout operation, extending the operating time in battery-powered systems.
The operating frequency is externally programmable up to 4MHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors. For switching noise-sensitive applications, the LTC3612 can be synchronized to an external clock at up to 4MHz.
Forced continuous mode operation in the LTC3612 reduces noise and RF interference. Adjustable compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of loads and output capacitors.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external catch diode, saving external components and board space. The LTC3612 is offered in a leadless 20-pin 3mm × 4mm QFN or a thermally enhanced 20-pin TSSOP package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1310A||LTC3612EUDC Demo Board | 3A, 4MHz, Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator, QFN-20 Pkg||$100.00|
|DC1574A||LTC3612EFE Demo Board | 3A, 4MHz, Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator, TSSOP-16E Pkg||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Point-of-Load Supplies
- Distributed Power Supplies
- Portable Computer Systems
- DDR Memory Termination
- Handheld Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3615 - Dual 4MHz, 3A Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: