LTC3607 - Dual 600mA 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Regulator
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- Very Low Quiescent Current: 55μA Total
- 2.25MHz Constant Frequency Operation
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low-Ripple (Typical 30mVP-P) Burst Mode® Operation
- Peak Current-Mode Control Architecture for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Wide Voltage Input Range: 4.5V to 15V
- 600mA/Channel Rated Output Current
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Ultralow Shutdown Current: IQ < 1μA
- Internal Compensation
- Power Good Outputs
- Externally Frequency Synchronization (1MHz to 4MHz)
- Independent Internal Soft-Start for Each Channel
- Small 16-Lead Thermally Enhanced Thin QFN (3mm × 3mm) and MSE Packages
The LTC®3607 is a 15V dual 600mA monolithic synchronous step-down regulator which has only 55μA quiescent current. Intended for a variety of applications, including dual lithium-ion battery products, it operates from a wide 4.5V to 15V input voltage range. It features a constant 2.25MHz switching frequency, enabling the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors 1mm or less in height. Each output voltage is adjustable from 0.6V to VIN. The internal synchronous power switches provide high efficiency without the need for external Schottky diodes.
A user selectable mode input is provided to allow the user to trade off ripple noise for light load efficiency; Burst Mode operation provides the highest efficiency at light loads, while pulse-skipping mode provides the lowest ripple noise.
To further the maximize battery run time, the P-channel MOSFETs are turned on continuously in dropout (100% duty cycle). In shutdown, the device draws <1μA.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1596A||LTC3607EUD Demo Board (QFN) | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 15V; VOUT1: 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V @ 0.6A, VOUT2: 2.5V/3.3V/5V @ 0.6A||$125.00|
|DC1847A||LTC3607EMSE Demo Board (MSOP) | 4.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 15V; VOUT1: 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V @ 0.6A, VOUT2: 2.5V/3.3V/5V @ 0.6A||Contact Factory|
- Dual Lithium-Ion Battery Supplies
- Automotive Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3621 - 17V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 3.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: