LTC3606B - 800mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC with Average Input Current Limit
- Programmable Average Input Current Limit: ±5% Accuracy
- Step-Down Output: Up to 96% Efficiency
- Low Noise Pulse-Skipping Operation at Light Loads
- Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 5V
- 2.25MHz Constant-Frequency Operation
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Internal Soft-Start
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Shutdown Current ≤ 1μA
- Available in Small Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead 3mm 3mm DFN Package
The LTC3606B is an 800mA monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency current mode architecture.
The input supply voltage range is 2.5V to 5.5V, making it ideal for Li-Ion and USB powered applications. 100% duty cycle capability provides low dropout operation, extending the run time in battery-operated systems. Low output voltages are supported with the 0.6V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3606B can supply 800mA output current.
The LTC3606B’s programmable average input current limit is ideal for USB applications and for point-of-load power supplies because the LTC3606B’s limited input current will still allow its output to deliver high peak load currents without collapsing the input supply. The operating frequency is internally set at 2.25MHz allowing the use of small surface mount inductors. Internal soft-start reduces in-rush current during start-up. The LTC3606B is available in an 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Peak Load Current Applications
- USB Powered Devices
- Supercapacitor Charging
- Radio Transmitters and Other Handheld Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3225 - 150mA Supercapacitor Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3226 - 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Backup PowerPath Controller
- LT3663 - 1.2A Step-Down Switching Regulator with Output Current Limit
- LTC4425 - Linear SuperCap Charger with Current-Limited Ideal Diode and V/I Monitor
- LTC3619B - 400mA/800mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC with Average Input Current Limit
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3125 - 1.2A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Input Current Limit
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3625 - 1A High Efficiency 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Automatic Cell Balancing
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV