LTC3606B - 800mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC with Average Input Current Limit
- Programmable Average Input Current Limit: ±5% Accuracy
- Step-Down Output: Up to 96% Efficiency
- Low Noise Pulse-Skipping Operation at Light Loads
- Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
- Output Voltage Range: 0.6V to 5V
- 2.25MHz Constant-Frequency Operation
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Internal Soft-Start
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Shutdown Current ≤ 1μA
- Available in Small Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead 3mm 3mm DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3606B is an 800mA monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant frequency current mode architecture.
The input supply voltage range is 2.5V to 5.5V, making it ideal for Li-Ion and USB powered applications. 100% duty cycle capability provides low dropout operation, extending the run time in battery-operated systems. Low output voltages are supported with the 0.6V feedback reference voltage. The LTC3606B can supply 800mA output current.
The LTC3606B’s programmable average input current limit is ideal for USB applications and for point-of-load power supplies because the LTC3606B’s limited input current will still allow its output to deliver high peak load currents without collapsing the input supply. The operating frequency is internally set at 2.25MHz allowing the use of small surface mount inductors. Internal soft-start reduces in-rush current during start-up. The LTC3606B is available in an 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Peak Load Current Applications
- USB Powered Devices
- Supercapacitor Charging
- Radio Transmitters and Other Handheld Devices
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3225 - 150mA Supercapacitor Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3127 - 1A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Programmable Input Current Limit
- LTC3226 - 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Backup PowerPath Controller
- LTC4425 - Linear SuperCap Charger with Current-Limited Ideal Diode and V/I Monitor
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTC3125 - 1.2A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Input Current Limit
- LTC3625 - 1A High Efficiency 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Automatic Cell Balancing
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: