LTC3604 - 2.5A, 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- 3.6V to 15V Operating Input Voltage Range
- 2.5A Output Current
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- Very Low Duty Cycle Operation: 5% at 2.25MHz
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 800kHz to 4MHz
- External Frequency Synchronization
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- User Selectable Low Ripple (20mVP-P Typical)
Burst Mode® (No Load IQ = 300μA) or Forced
- 0.6V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Output Voltage Tracking Capability
- Power Good Status Output
- Available in Small, Thermally Enhanced, 16-Pin QFN (3mm × 3mm) and MSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3604 is a high efficiency, monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a phase-lockable controlled on-time, current mode architecture capable of supplying up to 2.5A of output current. The operating supply voltage range is from 3.6V to 15V, making it suitable for a wide range of power supply applications.
The operating frequency is programmable from 800kHz to 4MHz with an external resistor enabling the use of small surface mount inductors. For switching noise sensitive applications, the LTC3604 can be externally synchronized over the same frequency range. An internal phase-locked loop aligns the on-time of the top power MOSFET to the internal or external clock. This unique constant frequency/ controlled on-time architecture is ideal for high step-down ratio applications that demand high switching frequencies and fast transient response.
The LTC3604 offers two operational modes: Burst Mode operation and forced continuous mode to allow the user to optimize output voltage ripple, noise, and light load efficiency for a given application. Maximum light load efficiency is achieved with the selection of Burst Mode operation while forced continuous mode provides minimum output ripple and constant frequency operation.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1610A||LTC3604EUD Demo Board | (QFN) 3.6V ≤ VIN ≤ 15V, VOUT = 1.2V/1.8V/3.3V @ 2.5A||$100.00|
|DC1611A||LTC3604EMSE Demo Board | (MSOP) 3.6V ≤ VIN ≤ 15V, VOUT = 1.2V/1.8V/3.3V @ 2.5A||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Distributed Power Systems
- Lithium-Ion Battery-Powered Instruments
- Point-of-Load Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3603 - 2.5A, 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3601 - 1.5A, 15V Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3605 - 15V, 5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LTC3626 - 20V, 2.5A Synchronous Monolithic Step-Down Regulator with Current and Temperature Monitoring
- LT3690 - 36V, 4A, 1.5MHz Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator with 70μA Quiescent Current
- LT8611 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with Current Sense and 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3600 - 15V, 1.5A Synchronous Rail-to-Rail Single Resistor Step-Down Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: