LTC3600 - 15V, 1.5A Synchronous Rail-to-Rail Single Resistor Step-Down Regulator
- Single Resistor Programmable VOUT
- ±1% ISET Accuracy
- Tight VOUT Regulation Independent of VOUT Voltage
- Easy to Parallel for Higher Current and Heat Spreading
- Wide VOUT Range 0V to VIN – 0.5V
- High Efficiency: Up to 96%
- 1.5A Output Current
- Adjustable Frequency: 200kHz to 4MHz
- 4V to 15V VIN Range
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Zero Supply Current in Shutdown
- Available in Thermally Enhanced 12-Pin (3mm × 3mm) DFN and MSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3600 is a high efficiency, monolithic synchronous buck regulator whose output is programmed with just one external resistor. The accurate internally generated 50μA current source on the ISET pin allows the use of a single external resistor to program an output voltage that ranges from 0V to 0.5V below VIN. The VOUT voltage feeds directly back to the error amplifier in unity gain fashion and equals the ISET voltage. The operating supply voltage range is 4V to 15V, making it suitable for dual lithium-ion battery and 5V or 12V input point-of-load power supply applications.
The operating frequency is synchronizable to an external clock or programmable from 200kHz to 4MHz with an external resistor. High switching frequency allows the use of small surface mount inductors. The unique constant on-time architecture is ideal for operating at high frequency in high step-down ratio applications that also demand fast load transient response.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1667A||LTC3600EDD Demo Board I 4.5V to 15V Input, Adjustable Output with 1.5A IOUT||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Voltage Tracking Supplies
- Point-of-Load Power Supplies
- Portable Instruments
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: