LTC3588-2 - Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Power Supply with 14V Minimum VIN
- 1500nA Input Quiescent Current (Output in Regulation – No Load, VIN = 18V)
- 830nA Input Quiescent Current in UVLO, VIN = 12V
- 14V to 20V Input Operating Range
- Integrated Low-Loss Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier
- 16V UVLO Improves Power Utilization from High Voltage Current Limited Inputs
- Up to 100mA of Output Current
- High Efficiency Integrated Hysteretic Buck DC/DC
- Selectable Output Voltages: 3.45V, 4.1V, 4.5V, 5.0V
- Input Protective Shunt – Up to 25mA Pull-Down at VIN ≥ 20V
- Available in 10-Lead MSE and 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC3588-2 integrates a low-loss full-wave bridge rectifier with a high efficiency buck converter to form a complete energy harvesting solution optimized for high output impedance energy sources such as piezoelectric transducers.
An ultralow quiescent current undervoltage lockout (UVLO) mode with a 16V rising threshold enables efficient energy extraction from piezoelectric transducers with high open circuit voltages. This energy is transferred from the input capacitor to the output via a high efficiency synchronous buck regulator. The 16V UVLO threshold also allows for input to output current multiplication through the buck regulator. The buck features a sleep state that minimizes both input and output quiescent currents while in regulation.
Four output voltages of 3.45V, 4.1V, 4.5V and 5.0V are pin selectable with up to 100mA of continuous output current, and suit Li-Ion and LiFePO4 batteries as well as supercapacitors. An input protective shunt set at 20V provides overvoltage protection.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1459B-B||LTC3588EMSE-2 Demo Board | Piezoelectric Energy Ha||$200.00|
- Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting
- Electro-Mechanical Energy Harvesting
- Low Power Battery Charging
- Wireless HVAC Sensors
- Mobile Asset Tracking
- Tire Pressure Sensors
- Battery Replacement for Industrial Sensors
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3588-1 - Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3109 - Auto-Polarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3108-1 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3388 - 20V High Efficiency Nanopower Step-Down Regulator
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LTC4070 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV