LTC3588-1 - Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- 950nA Input Quiescent Current (Output in Regulation – No Load)
- 450nA Input Quiescent Current in UVLO
- 2.7V to 20V Input Operating Range
- Integrated Low-Loss Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier
- Up to 100mA of Output Current
- Selectable Output Voltages of 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, 3.6V
- High Efficiency Integrated Hysteretic Buck DC/DC
- Input Protective Shunt – Up to 25mA Pull-Down at VIN ≥ 20V
- Wide Input Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO) Range
- Available in 10-Lead MSE and 3mm × 3mm DFN
The LTC3588-1 integrates a low-loss full-wave bridge rectifier with a high efficiency buck converter to form a complete energy harvesting solution optimized for high output impedance energy sources such as piezoelectric transducers. An ultralow quiescent current undervoltage lockout (UVLO) mode with a wide hysteresis window allows charge to accumulate on an input capacitor until the buck converter can efficiently transfer a portion of the stored charge to the output. In regulation, the LTC3588-1 enters a sleep state in which both input and output quiescent currents are minimal. The buck converter turns on and off as needed to maintain regulation.
Four output voltages, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 3.6V, are pin selectable with up to 100mA of continuous output current; however, the output capacitor may be sized to service a higher output current burst. An input protective shunt set at 20V enables greater energy storage for a given amount of input capacitance.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1459B-A||LTC3588EMSE-1 Demo Board | Piezoelectric Generator||$200.00|
|DC2042A||ENERGY HARVESTING (EH) MULTI-SOURCE DEMOBOARD||$200.00|
- Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting
- Electro-Mechanical Energy Harvesting
- Wireless HVAC Sensors
- Mobile Asset Tracking
- Tire Pressure Sensors
- Battery Replacement for Industrial Sensors
- Remote Light Switches
- Standalone Nanopower Buck Regulator
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3588-2 - Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Power Supply with 14V Minimum VIN
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LTC3109 - Auto-Polarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3108-1 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3388 - 20V High Efficiency Nanopower Step-Down Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4070 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV